(V) and (H) Channels on 4dtv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
here's an update...what do you guys think cause's this. i was messing with settings on a (V) channel and i was in dish settings and changed it to rotated 90 degree's undre feedhorn polarization and Vertical worked great all of them without any skips . so i go out and change it to a (H) channel and it skips like the (V) did before i changed it from rotated 90 i have to use standard on (H) channels and Rotated 90 for (V) what cause's this? i figured out why it does it they work but i have to change back and forth in the menu for (H) and (v) to work clear without any skips. what could cause this if anyone knows please do let me know thanks.on the DSR-922 4dtv

What do you mean by skips?

Did you change the servo, maybe it was not done right?

With a feedhorn you should use standard and not rotate 90, do you have another feeds to test out? maybe the probe is having problems turning, I never heard of this one that why I ain't said nothing :)

Your skew settings could be way off, so you will most probably need to postion the feed in a way till everything is working right, make sure your V and H are ok, one will be + and one will be - they should be 90 apart.
Good Luck!

and how do i adjust the skew setting. ill look today and see if the probe is turning. thanks

Well you mite need to go outside and spin the feed, if you have a adjustable ring it will be easy, your skew is in the menu, same menu you use to bump the dish, if you don't see skew then you are not set for c/ku lnb's so that will need to be done.

Did you do a master reset on the 4dtv? if not it would be good to do to get y6our settings good.

This website has very kindly made available the DSR-922 manual in the FTA manuals area. Pages 71 and 72 of the manual show how to skew and other fine tuning adjustments.

Well you mite need to go outside and spin the feed, if you have a adjustable ring it will be easy, your skew is in the menu, same menu you use to bump the dish, if you don't see skew then you are not set for c/ku lnb's so that will need to be done.

Did you do a master reset on the 4dtv? if not it would be good to do to get y6our settings good.

hey as a matter of fact i think cheffwan said he switched it back to lnbf's because it stabilized the picture. Right Cheffwan? Didn't you take it off the lnb setting?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts