V-Box - Actuator problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sasquatch04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
Great white north
Morning,,

Have a little problem with either the V-Box 5 or the actuator

Dish was at the outmost limit to the EAST,,moved and scanned from east to west no problems,,,set my limits east and west both in the receiver and v-box 5 with no problem,,,,once at the western most limit if I try to move east again it shows an ER 2 msg,,,,I know it means a no pulse signal,,,but have re-checked the wiring,,all seems good,,,I then inverse the motor wires on the V-box 5 then will move fine towards the EAST but not towards the WEST,,,Am a little confused,,,,could it be a problem with the v-box 5 ????it's brand new,,,,so is my Venture maxi actuator ?

I also connected directly to the dish,,,,and same problem

To move it one way is going fine then to move the other way I have to inverse the wires and it will move fine too

Cheers,,,,

I had the Same issue, wouldn't travel West.
I found the giving the VBox a smack helped.
After a while, I bought a GBox.

There is a Switch/Relay for each direction, it's possible one is bad, or bad solder joint.

I have a flakey v box in the spare bedroom that is ran by a pansat 9200HD. It sometimes does not want to move east giving me error 2.

there is nothing wrong with my actuator or wiring. I usually pull the plug on it and then plug it back in...it will start moving again.

I agree that a g box is probably in order.

I got in touch with the store where I bought it,,,,will try and change it,but I don't have my hopes up,as I bought it over 1 year ago,,,and I finished installing my dish a short while ago,,,

If they do not want to replace it,I will defenitely get the GBox from Sadoun,,,

Cheers,,,

I have 2 New Motech V-Box II that are left from the days we used to sell them. These were Demo units, but I don't remember we even hooked them up. They were just setting on the shelf. No remotes available (at least I can't see it in the box right now).

These are no longer listed on our website as we are only selling the Sadoun GBox V3000 now. So I am willing to let the two VBoxes go for $39 each plus shipping.

If anyone interested, PM me your name, zipcode, and email address. 1st come 1st served. I will send you a paypal invoice.

Hey Truckracer,,,,I have a friend who recommended thinning the motor wires,,

Took out my grinder last evening, thinned them out,,,flattened them a little,,,reconected and no more ERR 2 msgs,,,

Really weird but it now works fine

Just thought I wld pass you the tip

Cheers,,,,

Best fix Get the G box, I changed from the V box and the Gbox is far better and the ability to display and enter sat names is great.

Yep,I know ,,,I have read lots of good reports regarding the GBox,,,,,,but for now,,,the Vbox is just fine,,,,,,will give it a try this winter and check it out,,,the moment it starts bugging out,,will defenitely get the GBox from Sadoun,,,but my budget is a little limited for now,,,,,,Now that my Bud is up and running,,,,I just got myself a sonicvoom in order to get AC 3,,,then next investment will be for an HD receiver,,,either Pansat or Azbox,,,,,,

Cheers Mate !!

I would recommend getting the GBOX. The VBOX is poorly built so you are likely to continue experiencing issues with it over time.

I can't speak yet about the GBOX as I haven't had it in operation as long as I had the VBOX before it developed solder joint issues, but so far so good with the GBOX. Only time will tell on that one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)