Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Will more then likely get one.

My question is, if I hook one up to a actuator for a BUD, can I store the sat positions in the FTA receiver? Like press a button and it moves to it?

Diseq, Can I move one small ku dish and one large c band dish using one receiver?

yes. my recommendation is to use diseqc 1.2 positions greater than 30 on the vbox tho. this way the ku hh should stay put when the BUD moves.

crackt out,.

I do not think one receiver can drive more then one dish because I do not think you can implement that in the receiver itself.

The positions are stored in the VBox. The receiver only knows the position number you tell it to use. In my set up I use a Uncommitted DiSEqC Switch to seperate the C-Band and Ku dish movers. The DVB program I use sends a switch command first then a motor command and then another switch command if needed.

coinmaster32 said:
I do not think one receiver can drive more then one dish because I do not think you can implement that in the receiver itself.

I use one reciever to move 3 dishes. A vbox BUD , a gbox BUD and a ku hh. I was speaking from experience.

crackt out,.

VBOX Info request.

I use one reciever to move 3 dishes. A vbox BUD , a gbox BUD and a ku hh. I was speaking from experience.

crackt out,.
Hello All: I currently use HTS 70 (old analog box) to move 6 ftr. & O/Box S9m & DG380 to move 36 inch Ku dish .One diseqc switch used for all C ku corotor on 6ft & spitfire lnb on 36 inch.
My question is;does Vbox show dish movement & count on screen for reed or hall sensors like HTS 70 does on linear actuator , or like DG380 (or any other small HH motors to my knowledge) do not. Any info would be appreciated. Also if I hi jacked this thread I apologize.
Thanks.

all of the vbox / gbox positioners show the stored position number on the display and count the pulses on the display when the dish is moving.

crackt out,.

all of the vbox / gbox positioners show the stored position number on the display and count the pulses on the display when the dish is moving.

crackt out,.
crackt out: Thanks for response. I am not that familiar with vbox positioning other then reading . I am looking to do away with HTS over 15 years old, large footprint & balky remote etc.. at times. When vbox shows sat postion & count is it displayed on tv screen, or just F/P display of vbox ?
Thanks Again,
Utah2

When vbox shows sat postion & count is it displayed on tv screen, or just F/P display of vbox ?

The count and satellite position number is displayed on the LED display of the VBox/GBox. Either the VBox/GBox can be used to control the actuator or the receiver can control the VBox/GBox. When you change channels on your receiver, the receiver issues a position number to the VBox/GBox and the actuator is moved to the saved position.

crackt, How do you set all that up with one reciver? I have a 90cm with two LNBs and a 10' just for Cband with vbox,my rec is openboxS9?,Thanks

I've got a G-box on a 22k switch. The other side of the 22k switch goes to an 8x1 discque switch on which I have numerous sationary ku dishes.
I did have an HH motor on the ku side too but my PC didn't have enough power to operate an HH properly so I took that motor off and moved it to an Openbox tuner.
But yeah, you can do all sorts of crazy things like that. Just gotta try it. That's what I did. I so hard headed I have to try any and everything. Sometimes I get lucky and it works. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)