V-Box or C band receiver for FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zaxxon

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Dinwiddie VA USA
I am in the process of putting a new FTA system togeather. I have a 6 foot dish, H/H motor, a BSC621-2 and a Coolsat 6000 and a Coolsat 8000.

I may need to dump the BSC, but I will try it first.

Should I use a C band receiver to move the dish or a V-BOX.

I have a couple of C band receivers that work but I am leaning towards the V-BOX.

What I am looking for is ease of use. Will the V-Box work with the Coolsat or do I need to find the satellite with the V-Box just like a C band receiver then tune the Coolsat.

Anybody else using this type system??????????? Any hints thanks.

I do have a 4DTV with a ten foot dish that I installed, so that installation is no big deal.

I have done both C Band Receiver and VBox.
Once setup, the VBox was the easiest for me.
The receiver controls the VBox using DiSEqC 1.2 commands.

I have a BSC621 on my 10' BUD for 4DTV and it works super! A couple of other people that I know have had good luck too with the BSC621s. I have a BSC621-2 and a V BOX to put on a dedicated BUD for FTA but did not get it set up yet!!! I better get off of this site and get to work before snow flies!!!

definitely go with the VBOX. It integrates better with a FTA system than a c-band receiver. That's why I chose a VBOX for my friend when I got him into FTA to watch the local college team's telecast feeds - I like how seamless it is to go to a satellite from the FTA box compared to having him command the dish with his old Uniden and then go to the FTA box to do the tuning/watching.

I think if you are going to use a voltage controlled LNBF the only good reason to use your old C-band receiver(s) to move the dish is being able to catch the analog feeds that are still available.

I guess you could still slave the analog box anyway to catch the feeds, so if you don't need to control a servo V-Box is probably the way to go.

I used a c/ku receiver to move the dish for a long time before I finally bought a Gbox positioner, go for the vbox or Gbox, it is so much easier than using a c/ku receiver to move the dish. You can locate the satellites with your coolsat positioner control, when you save it in the coolsat menu, it is saved in the Gbox, couldn't be easier:) I'm not sure if the Vbox is like that, I've only had the Gbox.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts