Please reply by conversation.

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Hey folks,
New to this Diseqc motor control stuff.
(I finally can set up Diseqc switches without looking at the directions)

I just ordered a vboxv for my 10' unimesh.
I am using a coolsat 6000 receiver.

I intend to use either of the following, depending on requirements. (These are in my junk box).
1: Dual LNB Chaparral with either a 12/18 volt or 22khz switch
2: B1Sat Stack
3: Corotor II

I know I must run the wires from the sensor into the shack to attach to the vbox. I already have the motor wires in.

How do I set up the vbox, and do I need a separate cable for the LNB?
Any help ?
Joe

intend to use either of the following, depending on requirements. (These are in my junk box).
1: Dual LNB Chaparral with either a 12/18 volt or 22khz switch
c-band only , requires a coax from each to the switch one side would be H other would be V no other wires needed also can use a multi switch.

2: B1Sat Stack
c-band only , only one coax required no other wires needed

3: Corotor II
c & ku ability , requires a coax from each plus three wires to run the servo ( also needs something to control the servo)

I know I must run the wires from the sensor into the shack to attach to the vbox. I already have the motor wires in.

How do I set up the vbox, and do I need a separate cable for the LNB?

the v-box is actually easy to set up
a small coax runs from the receiver to the v-box and then coax from lnb plugs into the v-box
and the motor wires & sensor wires plug into the v-box

if you understand the stacked lnbf and like it and its already mounted then try it first

Thanks, Gabs,
I'll try the B!SATStack method. It's already working.
I wired up a DPDT switch and 12 v battery to move the dish, so the wires for the actuator are already in. So fwiu I DO NOT need wires from the position sensor?
Joe

So fwiu I DO NOT need wires from the position sensor?
Joe

joe
you will need wires for the sensor to the v-box, i thought when you said wires for the actuator were in... that these wires were in also. the sensor is in the actuator motor and depending on which motor should have two small wires out to the v-box.

Yes,
Got that now. I should have been a little clearer on my set-up.
No sensor leads from the actuator at this time.
I guess I know what I'll be doing over the Holiday.
Speaking of that: I wish you and ALL the Satellite Guys a fun and safe weekend!

Joe

V-Box-V

Ok, got it working in stand alone, I can program birds, and tell it to go to a specific bird and it will. It will not how ever accept commands from CS-6000.
Box will also NOT pass signal from LNB to receiver when connected to coax from receiver to vbox, vbox to LNB.
What am I doing wrong??

Yep that's how I tested it.
I am losing trust in this vbox brand, the first one fried after being plugged in for a few minutes, all the smoke came out....
I must specify that there were No switches in line and I have a picture on 99w with the barrel connector in line.
Joe

Looks like Chinese guys got labeling reversed on rear of unit. Now accepts DiSEqc commands, still will not pass signal ( no signal strength or quality).

Bad connection inside? I would contact the place you pruchased from.

Edit: just thought of it. If you have a "High Freq" splitter with Power Pass on BOTH sides, you could split to the VBox

Receiver--------------------Split-----------------------------LNB
_________________________\-----------VBox

Bad connection inside? I would contact the place you pruchased from.

Edit: just thought of it. If you have a "High Freq" splitter with Power Pass on BOTH sides, you could split to the VBox

Receiver--------------------Split-----------------------------LNB
_________________________\-----------VBox

As an apprentice of mine once said you're an fn genius!!!
Works like a charm.... I can change sats on the receiver and the 9 ft KTI magically moves to the selected sat!!
I'll have to get hold of the guy I bought it from...
boy, won't he be happy.

Seem like the failure rate of -some- of that sort of stuff has been a little high the last year or so.
I hear noises about 'em trying to recover their good name, so maybe it'll improve.

If it upsets the dealers and importers enough, something -will- happen.
. . . assuming -they- stay in business. :rolleyes:

Seem like the failure rate of -some- of that sort of stuff has been a little high the last year or so.
I hear noises about 'em trying to recover their good name, so maybe it'll improve.

If it upsets the dealers and importers enough, something -will- happen.
. . . assuming -they- stay in business. :rolleyes:

I hear you, this is box number two. by the time I get a good one, I'll have twice it's value in shipping into it......
Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)