v format not changing on s10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

southofi-10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2010
South Louisiana
I put new firmware on my openbox s10.The V format doesn't change,so I'm looking at a rolling picture that I can't read or do anything with.
Its there a way to fix this box to make it useful again?

I think there are some other ways, depending on on the version of software, but this will work. Get and older TV that still has Vert/Horz hold adjustments in the back and you can stop it from scrolling with the VERT hold. This will allow you to navigate the menu and also download another version that doesn't default to PAL mode first. I think some versions will allow you to hold down the Vformat for a few seconds and then let you swtich to NTSC, I never saw where that option was available on my version. That first way will work though as I had the same problem and had to get a US version

Oh yeah, and since that S10 went to HDMI instead of the older bulit in receiver modulator (channels 3 and 4), you'lll need a VCR or somthing likie that in order to get your signal to play from the receiver to the older TV. It's kind of a pain, but again, it will work.

Last edited:
V format PAL to NTSC instructions

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...irmware-working-clock-read-5.html#post2745323

If FW is PAL Default (no picture)

S9 FW Menu items vertical on left
Step (1):
MENU,
DOWN(Twice),
ENTER,
DOWN(Once),
ENTER,
LEFT(or Right)* until picture appears
.(*Do not hold. Press and release, wait a few seconds, Repeat)

S10 FW (Menu items horizontal across top)
Menu - right 2 times - OK - down - right, wait, repeat until video appears.

The Vformat button on my S10 has no effect unless you are tuned to a channel and receiving a signal. To put it another way: it has no effect on the menu screens, where one could really use it after installing new firmware that boots up in PAL video mode.

I use an old RGB monitor with adjustable vertical hold to recover the junkbox from this common problem.

Ok,got it.Thanks for all the help.
I used FatAir's technic.I'm using a s10,so I clicked the right a few extra times,and I reload and now watching tv.
Just hope pbj doesn't start freezing again.
Thanks All !!!!!!!!!!!!

next time save a channel list just before you upgrade- to pc.
load the new firmware and channel list with the lan manager.
The only settings you will have to play with after that are time and volume.

Yes -saved a channel/transponder list.
Made it much easier after FW change
Your right about the v format working without channel list.I couldn't install my channel list (no ch) until I got the v format lined up so I could see the menu.

I have the lan connected all the time and usually load the firmware/sat list with that,unless the receiver has old firmware with no lan support.

"Just hope pbj doesn't start freezing again."

It freezes up on PBJ for me too. Also a few others including KCWY NBC. If the freezing would be fixed, I could live with the other quirks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts