V-Me to go off-air in Philadelphia on March 5th

Discussion in 'Over the Air TV By RabbitEars.Info' started by ScottLV, Mar 3, 2017.

1. #1 ScottLV, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    V-Me saw a drop from 43 public broadcast affiliates in January to just 12 with the announcement that V-Me will not renew contracts with PBS stations, opting to continue as a commercial outlet. The drop is also in connection with the launch of the new PBS Kids 24/7 network on many of the same stations. Of the 12 remaining affiliates (in 11 markets), only 6 stations are in markets without a PBS Kids affiliate (Philadelphia, Puerto Rico, Providence, El Paso, Youngtown). I'm looking around to see if there's any word from station owners regarding this. A message from PBS is broadcasting this notice to viewers. Since contracts were likely signed to individual stations, V-Me may continue on other stations until their contract runs out. Nonetheless, WLVT Allentown will no longer air V-Me on channel 39.3 beginning March 5th. V-Me.PNG V-Me2.PNG

spongella likes this.
  2. *** WELCOME TO SATELLITEGUYS! ***
  3. Thanks ScottLV. Get WLVT on channel 39 point something from here in W. NJ.

4. A darn shame there's no replacement. V-Me is no longer airing on WLVT and they put up this graphic on 39-3
    V-Me3.PNG

5. WNJS-DT PBS has a channel named Test on channel 23.101 its just the same audio from channel 23.3. may be PBS kids coming??

Nascarken 91xg likes this.
SatelliteGuys.US
Other Television Providers Over the Air TV By RabbitEars.Info