v309 problems on 508/510

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frostwolf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Ok, I've missed a lot of posts. so If I'm repeating , I'm sorry.

First noticed bug. Pressing info button gives you a title bar that say no info available or something like that, but pressing guide first and then info shows correct info. Then just pressing info gives the no info again.

Second bug is missed timers. I have set timers, and then watched the receiver never turn on to start recording. Then turn on receiver just to have it start recording immediately afterwards, and check clock and it is a minute or two passed the timer start time.

Has anyone else anything to add to this, Other than how to turn off VOD.

I plan on calling dish tech today about these two I've had more than once.

Thanks
James

First bug isn't new. Happened from time to time over the years. I noticed it mostly when I'd press the right arrow to see what's coming on next, and it would say "info not available", press guide and it's right there. Go back and press right and again, no info.

However I've noticed since 3.09 that about every 2-3 days when I turn on the box in the morning that every channel's title is "Info Not Available", but the guide is fine. After a few minutes it fixes itself but it's obviously a guide issue.

My 510 has worked flawless (for 2 years straight!) UNTIL the v309 update. Now, timers fail to start, freeze during recording or the DVR freezes for no reason. So Dish takes my perfectly good DVR and screws it up just so I can get to their pushy list of PPV movies. Nothing like pissing off a happy customer huh Dish!

Frostwolf said:
Ok, I've missed a lot of posts. so If I'm repeating , I'm sorry.

First noticed bug. Pressing info button gives you a title bar that say no info available or something like that, but pressing guide first and then info shows correct info. Then just pressing info gives the no info again.

James

I've just started noticing this since I took V309.
When it gets the "No Info Available" I also notice, some PPV channels turn red in the guide, and parental locks quit working.

I noticed this because the 10 year old was watching interesting things on Cinemax, that would require a password, and I tried again, when the "No Info Available" happened again.

Pull the card, and everything goes back to normal for a day or two.

This is not happening on my 501, only the 508.

dlsnyder said:
My 508 seems to take much much longer to acquire the satellite than it used to. Not sure if this is a 309 issue or not, but it sure is annoying.

Same here. Have two 508's and they are both much slower to acquire satellite than before.

My 510 has worked flawless (for 2 years straight!) UNTIL the v309 update. Now, timers fail to start, freeze during recording or the DVR freezes for no reason. So Dish takes my perfectly good DVR and screws it up just so I can get to their pushy list of PPV movies. Nothing like pissing off a happy customer huh Dish!

I've just about had enough with the missing timer issue and the run around I get with dish. I'm fixing to get the BBB involved and maybe start a petition to get P304 software back on my boxes. This has gone on long enough.

Is there a reliable Directv equivalent? I understand the Motorola boxes my cable company has are slow and unreliable.

If my 508s miss a "24" timer, Dish can kiss my subscription goodbye.

I'm already to the point of calling them every single time they miss a timer, and I still get the bull about being the only one with the problem, until the last two phone calls.

Maybe we can start a petition to get dish to remove the VOD crapola from the 508's and 510's

I've been as polite as possible with them, but his has been going on since summer of 06. My emails to CEO have gone unanswered. What else can we do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)