Vacation Home Account

mrlasvegas

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
Los Angeles, City of
For those that have the vacation home second account.

Does this sound like the plan? $199 includes activation, installation and purchase of a 322. $6.00 per month when not in use, or proration of whatever plan you have when it is in use? No upgrade or downgrade fees. No contract.

The 3rd and 4th outlet would be an additional $277!!, I am guessing the extra LNB and receiver?

I could survive with 2 but 4 outlets would be better.

It's a separate accout, separate bill from my primary residence.

I wonder if you can apply the club dish referral $5 off to my primary account for this?

Very Basic Cable currently runs me $15 a monthly, no sports or kids channels

Why not just take one of the current new subscriber offers being offered in your vacation home area. Many of these offers are free install of up to 4 receivers. Some offers include DVRs and HD equipment.

Exactly, sign up for DHA with no committment and just put it in Vacation when your not using it!

They will charge you $10/mo to put it in Vacation with leased equipment, but its their policy they do not want an account shared with a vacation home so let them pay for all new equipment to let it sit :)

In this case, and I know Claude will agree, do NOT use a local guy - he'll get screwed when you go into pause mode.

Not sure if the same applies to the virtual certificates that Claude sells to his customers that are not local to him. Maybe PM him and ask. :)

If you try and set up a new customer account after you've already set up a promotional account before, if and when Dish finds out about it you'll be getting a phone call from the Audit Team. Most likely they will ask you to purchase back the receivers that you leased on your DHA account.

Dish will never know. Just use a different SS# (like your spouse) and you'll already have a different address. You'll be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts