vacation home

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What business model would you persue if you were Dish? Exactly the one Dish has followed. They have not bugged him.

Exactly. Being stuck with cable at my main residence means that if I couldn't have the two receivers at the other locations, I wouldn't be an E* customer at all. I'm just like your friend and can only be in front of one receiver at a time. But E* gets 12 months of money from me.

What business model would you persue if you were Dish?

Well,

You can look at the other side of it too.

Say three families are splitting 3 reveivers at $160 a month total.

Then Dish is potentially losing $320 a month ($3,840 a year) assuming each family would keep the same programming level.

People account stack for years and never get bothered. Then one day the phone rings........

oh boy here we go....

no you can not leave a box at the 2nd house and have it on the same account. That is account stacking

Now if you take it back and forth, that in most folks mind is OK. We have been doing it for 10 years.

Now the reason I say "here we go again" is because usually these threads turn into a "morals" issue where folks like me and others say its fine to haul it between houses but some people will post "you're breaking the terms blah blah blah" and usually it turns into a pissing match
Oh those moral dilemma's...
:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)