• Sammy Hagar

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • David Lee Roth

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted Van Halen had more hits with Hagar, but that's not how Van Halen music was supose to be.

I've seen both in concert, and Roth was, is and always will be the best voice of Halen.

I am dumbfounded about the Anthony absence; seeing how they can patch it up with Dave they SHOULD for him. Especially before the HOF.

I read a recent interview online somewhere (I'll see if I can locate it again later) with Eddie where he was quoted as stating his feelings in regards to Michael Anthony came to a head when Anthony & Hagar done "The Other Half Of Van Halen" tour last summer.Eddie said something to the effect of "He (Anthony) can't be in two bands at the same time."

I've seen Van Halen with Sammy. Never saw them with Roth. Looks like I'll get my chance :)
Same here and I won't deny, it was a helluva show. Even my wife admitted that Sammy is quite the showman.

Interesting story I read is they're doing amphitheaters, with the 1st one being a 2500 seat venue in Las Vegas. I'm just wondering, will Fraze Pavillion here in Dayton get a shot ?? Plenty of BIG names do play there, so I'm not sure if VH is out of the question. Best part is, even if it sells out, they allow people to sit "outside", which you can still see in, and watch the show !

I have seen them both and have met them both but Sammy is the better showman than Dave and nicer person to sit and talk to.

I've seen all 3 versions of VH live (Roth,Hagar and Cherone) several times over the years.I consider myself fortunate enough to have met all 3 of them too.Back in the days,I had some great connections for great seats and backstage/meet & greet passes. :D I met Roth once,during the 1984 tour in Atlanta.He was pretty much wasted that night (plenty of booze flowing).I have met Hagar 4 times (5150 tour in Knoxville,Monsters Of Rock tour in Memphis,Balance tour in Nashville and the 2004 reunion tour in Atlanta).I met Cherone once,during the VH3 tour in Nashville.IMO,Sammy was the most pleasant and friendly of the 3,hands down. :up

The reunion is official as of 2/2/07

Well,there is finally an official announcement from VH on the reunion with Roth.Check out the following link for the info. http://www.van-halen.com

Maybe Eddie's ego could not handle competing for fan dollars against The Police? I would rather see Van Halen myself, but we all know VH is not all there these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)