Variety and quality of HD Camera's in the NFL

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Does anything think that there is a variety of HD camera's being used in the NFL games?

This is not a Voom thing, I noticed it OTA with my Toshiba D* Box, Samsung OTA Box and D* HD Sat feed.

Watching the Packers game on ESPN HD made me remember this...some shots look fantastic, others look so so.

I know last years Super Bowl some shocks were just amazing, others looked like crap...I'm sure they gather together every HD Cam they have for these kind of games and they must run quite a range in age and quality.

Anyone else notice the differences?

i think it may have something to do with the improper setup of cameras during the events, perhaps some cameras are out of focus or for whatever reason not producing a quality image. i think this was the case during the olympics opening ceremonies when it seemed to me that one of the closeup hd cameras they were using wasnt exactly focused well. also some networks still upconvert some shots from SD cameras, as they dont bring enough hd cameras to events to provide full coverage

Golf is always like that. You can tell which ones are HD and SD. The wireless handhelds usually look like crap. I don't know if they have enough bandwidth to do HD with the wireless. Any one out there know?

I asked this same question, is there such things as 480p EDTV only TV cameras? What cameras and transmission quality is NBC using for hte Olympics they suffer from PQ issues even from their 19.xx mbps OTA local station. Their fly by shots look great, some of their events look great, others looked like they are overzoomed fuzzy, and pixelated at times.

I've looked at the HD Olympics from Dish and OTA and they both appear to be soft. I have yet to see a dazzling image from any of the Olympics. I cutoff the Olympics to watch Bikini Destinations last night on HDNET and it was razor sharp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)