Various DIRECTV DVR Models???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HBKbiggestfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
I just ordered a free DVR upgrade for my older model (TiVo 35hrs.) What are the different DVR models D* has available? Im not aware of how D* offers various models. Are they all TiVo? Are some not TiVo? How do I know If mine will be TiVo? And How do I know how many hours it will be able to record to capacity? Only thing I know is it is a Hughes (If that helps at all). Someone please help with these questions so I can call D* and get the specifics on my newly ordered DVR and maybe change it if need-be. Thanks.:up

You posted that you are getting a 100 hour DVR the only model that fits is the R15, the DVR+ by Directv not by TiVo. Directv is letting their contract with TiVo expire and they are copying DISH Network going in house for their own software to control the DVRs. Their R15 has a lot of potential but so far is a far cry from the simplicity and reliability of TiVo.

actually there was a third system, the ultimate , by microsoft.

my brother in law was given one as a tip, he loved it. the hard drive fried and he now has a R-15, says it is ok, but he is rebuilding the ultimate.

more hard drive than the origional tivo...he had a full 80 the first tivos were 35, then 70. more and faster slo motion and fast forward options, the menu was different. ill ask him the rest tomorrow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)