Various Dish Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

morgueman

Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
What type of Dish am I likely to have installed when all I want is America's Top 40? I already have cable but I need a channel (BYU) that my cable company doesn't offer. Also, after the install, how easy would it be to install a Coolsat 5000 instead of the Dish reciever and would Dishnet know or care? And what is a Dish "no committment" plan? Thanks!

There is no America's Top 40 (that I know of anyway). The two lowest general packages are the America's Top 60 and the family pak. For either of these you would get a Dish 500. I don't know what a Coolsat 5000 is. What does it do? Sounds like you might be trying to hack the system which we DO NOT CONDONE OR DISCUSS HERE!

I was ignoring it hoping it didn't turn out that way.

But that would be pretty funny if this person really wants to get dish to install a satellite dish system so he's set to use a hacked receiver later...

I think that would be a new one...

morgueman said:
And what is a Dish "no committment" plan? Thanks!

i just signed up for dish and i was able to get a no commitment deal by paying an extra $50 (actually they just do not waive the $50 activation fee)

DishNet and Coolsat error

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my last post.......................my Coolsat is a newly-developed refrigerator that sits on top of my TV, it's automated and allows me to get cold drinks out of my new frig w/o having to get up. Most people put it on top of they're cable reciever, but I am afraid it will drip into the innards, so that's why asked about switching out receivers. Sorry if I mislead anyone :(.

don't think so home fries

I have a Coolsat 5000 and it sure as hell doesnt dispence pop

If you want BYU so bad, get a 30" dish (preferable 36") and aim it at Satmex5 at 116.8 degrees west. BYU TV is on there and you would be legal still.

or get a big dish and aim it at IA5...BYU TV is on 5 different frequencies there :)

but you decide to steal...pretty sad that you want to steal a channel that is for the church.....I do watch BYU TV ocasionally. They have some good sports stuff on there

Last edited:
just a friendly reminder to all our members...if you see a post that doesnt belong here, hit the little "!" button and all the mods will get an e-mail and check it out :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)