Various Dish Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

morgueman

Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
What type of Dish am I likely to have installed when all I want is America's Top 40? I already have cable but I need a channel (BYU) that my cable company doesn't offer. Also, after the install, how easy would it be to install a Coolsat 5000 instead of the Dish reciever and would Dishnet know or care? And what is a Dish "no committment" plan? Thanks!

There is no America's Top 40 (that I know of anyway). The two lowest general packages are the America's Top 60 and the family pak. For either of these you would get a Dish 500. I don't know what a Coolsat 5000 is. What does it do? Sounds like you might be trying to hack the system which we DO NOT CONDONE OR DISCUSS HERE!

I was ignoring it hoping it didn't turn out that way.

But that would be pretty funny if this person really wants to get dish to install a satellite dish system so he's set to use a hacked receiver later...

I think that would be a new one...

morgueman said:
And what is a Dish "no committment" plan? Thanks!

i just signed up for dish and i was able to get a no commitment deal by paying an extra $50 (actually they just do not waive the $50 activation fee)

DishNet and Coolsat error

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my last post.......................my Coolsat is a newly-developed refrigerator that sits on top of my TV, it's automated and allows me to get cold drinks out of my new frig w/o having to get up. Most people put it on top of they're cable reciever, but I am afraid it will drip into the innards, so that's why asked about switching out receivers. Sorry if I mislead anyone :(.

don't think so home fries

I have a Coolsat 5000 and it sure as hell doesnt dispence pop

If you want BYU so bad, get a 30" dish (preferable 36") and aim it at Satmex5 at 116.8 degrees west. BYU TV is on there and you would be legal still.

or get a big dish and aim it at IA5...BYU TV is on 5 different frequencies there :)

but you decide to steal...pretty sad that you want to steal a channel that is for the church.....I do watch BYU TV ocasionally. They have some good sports stuff on there

Last edited:
just a friendly reminder to all our members...if you see a post that doesnt belong here, hit the little "!" button and all the mods will get an e-mail and check it out :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts