Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just saw this... Don't know how long this has been changed...

But it appears Echostar has Changed it's name!

Echostar Corporation is now known as Echostar Satellite L.L.C.

Also Changes is DSNC which stood for Dish Network Service Corporation, it has been changed to Dish Network Service, L.L.C.

Wonder what sparked the change.

Probably Tax Law with the start of a new year. That is what usually sparks change in name and structure for companies.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just saw this... Don't know how long this has been changed...

But it appears Echostar has Changed it's name!

Echostar Corporation is now known as Echostar Satellite L.L.C.

Also Changes is DSNC which stood for Dish Network Service Corporation, it has been changed to Dish Network Service, L.L.C.

Wonder what sparked the change.
Hmm, what interests me more than the name change itself is the addition of "Limited Liability Corp." to both of the new names. But I guess when you are as rich as Charlie you have to shield yourself. I just think it looks curious.

LLCs do offer tax advantages. I thought however that tehre were limitations in terms of the numebr of shareholders. I must be mistaken.

I think the shares in the LLCs are owned by Echostar Communications Corp, which is the actual name of the company represented by the DISH stock ticker. Echostar Communications Corp is headquartered in Englewood, even though the Dish Network we think about is headquartered in Littleton.

Mmmm, I love the smell of books cooking in the morning. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts