Vb branch question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
We own vBulletin 4 and are running a test site using it. However I don't like it yet as it does not seem like an upgrade to me.

In addition a number of our modes (such as the selective forum filter which lets you hide forums you dont want to see) and another mod which imports emails as a forum message are not available on vBulletin 4.

We need both of those mods to be working on vBulletin 4 in order to move to it. All of the other mods which we run have been ported over, so we are good there.

I also must be honest I don't like the look of the new vBulletin. Text is too small and finding things is hard, again the new software seems like a downgrade to me.

So we will be here for awhile as long as we dont start having issues with our current software.

I'm using vB4 on my board and it's nothing to write home about. I ended up disabling the the CMS part of it and I can't get the arcade to work even with the help of the author.

Ever since vB was sold to another company, they seem to want to make more like a social network site like LiveJournal.com.

We own vBulletin 4 and are running a test site using it. However I don't like it yet as it does not seem like an upgrade to me.

In addition a number of our modes (such as the selective forum filter which lets you hide forums you dont want to see) and another mod which imports emails as a forum message are not available on vBulletin 4.

We need both of those mods to be working on vBulletin 4 in order to move to it. All of the other mods which we run have been ported over, so we are good there.

I also must be honest I don't like the look of the new vBulletin. Text is too small and finding things is hard, again the new software seems like a downgrade to me.

So we will be here for awhile as long as we dont start having issues with our current software.

I tend to agree. I don't much like it either. From what the people on the Vb forums are saying, it was just window dressing and an excuse to hike the price up. A few things don't even work as well in 4.x as they do in 3.x. Although, one thing I found really amusing was the fact that 4.x visually looks like it's trying to copy their main competitor, IPB. I chose IPB for my site, partly because of the new Vb licensing rules, also because it performed better. From what I understand, a lot of sites are staying with 3.x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)