vbox wont work with receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
My new vbox will not communicate with my fta receiver via DiSEqC.
It also is not sending the signals through.

Vbox works great as standalone. This is my fist vbox, maybe i am not doing something right. I don't think it is my receiver, because it worked with another motor and the fact that it isn't sending the signals through makes me wonder.

Any help would be great.

diseqc 1.2 motor control.

Shouldn't the vbox pass the lnb signal no matter what? could i be a bad connection inside the v-box, i know it is not my wires.

well i didn't have any problems with my V-Box III just hooked up a small short coax from the receiver (lnb in) to the V-Box (receiver) and out from the v-box to the lnb.

i also have mine with a diesqc switch between the v-box & lnb's

if you have another receiver you can test with it . i know i tried the traxis & the coolsat but prefered the coolsat to be the mover

How long is your cable run? I had a problem with a super long run, as the vBox added just enough signal loss to make the signal unusable. I thought it was something busted inside the vbox, but ended up adding a 22k switch or something in its place while I prepared to tinker with it, and the extra switch caused similar problems. Cleaning up my cable runs and connectors/fittings solved the issue for me.

It is a 1 ft run from receiver to box.

It is about 130 feet to the dish.

That still doesn't explain why the vbox will not take the commands.

i know one of the guys here listed the coax ports being backwards on his receiver. its a long shot but you can try that. reversing the coax on the v-box.

or if you suspect it being wrong or not working maybe you can return it.

I haven't heard anything negative about the Vs.

The IIIs and IVs were pretty short-lived, so that should tell us something.

I don't see above what receiver you are running, but if it is a Traxis 3500, in the satellite setup screen, you can select which port the lnb is on, and then go into the motor setup screen, save everything, and when you back out the lnb setup is gone and you have to set it back up again.

You might look again to verify.

I have tried both diamond 9000hd and pansat 3500. Neither will get it to budge.

The vbox should pass the lnb signal and lnb power always right? It doesn't have to be locked or off or on right? What is the best way to test if the signals are passing through it?

I have exactly what you have, VBox V and a Diamond 9000.
Can you pick a known channel and manually drive the dish to position and check signal?

The vbox should pass the lnb signal and lnb power always right? It doesn't have to be locked or off or on right? What is the best way to test if the signals are passing through it?
Yes it should pass the power and the signal.

Does the positions and number light up on the front of the VBox when you turn the receiver off standby to on?

If they light up, the receiver is communicating with the VBox. If they don't light up, the receiver is not getting through.

Yes it should pass the power and the signal.

Does the positions and number light up on the front of the VBox when you turn the receiver off standby to on?

If they light up, the receiver is communicating with the VBox. If they don't light up, the receiver is not getting through.

No lighting up. The box won't connect with receiver. Must be a bad connection inside the thing. I am on a satellite with strong signal after manual moving it, connect it through the vbox and nothing. I am almost 99% sure I got a bad one now.

Thanks guys. Am i better off contacting seller or the vbox company?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)