vcr recording hookup help

sjones

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
those of you that have your stb's going thru a home theater receiver, how did you setup your vcr to be able to record thru voom?

I currently can play video's fine but when i record, i only get audio.. no video.
I'm just using the rca input/output connections on the back of the vcr and setting it Input L1.

sjones, all outputs of the STB are active at the same time. So, no matter how your TV set is connected, you should be able to use the spare video/audio output to feed your VCR. Just make sure your connections are correct. See diagrams in VOOM manual.
Check Page 27: Connecting Your Standard Definition TV or VCR.

I actually use multiple connections out of the Voom box connecting to a Panasonic HDTV and a Sony Home Theater Receiver:

1. To watch Voom -- digital audio out goes to my home theater receiver, component video (Red, Green, Blue cable) goes directly to my HDTV.
2. For my TiVo -- RCA audio (Red/white) goes directly to TiVo, SVideo goes directly to TiVo (TiVo is then connected: 1. directly to TV via SVideo, 2. RCA audio to Home Theater Receiver, 3. "Yellow" Composite video to Home Theater Receiver)
3. To record to a VCR -- I run a Composite video cable from the Voom box to the Home Theater Receiver (then composite video cable and RCA audio from the Receiver to the VCR).

This enables me to: 1. Watch Voom directly from the STB; 2. Use the TiVo to record from Voom (without the Home Theater Receiver being on); 3. Record direct from Voom STB or from the TiVo. My receiver *will* convert the digital audio signal from the Voom STB and output it to RCA to the VCR.

Hope this helps!

The key is my receiver doesn't up/down-convert video between Composite, SVideo, or Component, thus necessitating redundant connections.

Best wishes,
CDH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)