VE R15 scheduled to ship on 11/8/05

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thats good news.. glad directv is listening.. I would never even look at the r15 if it didnt buffer live tv

scottzee - the dual buffer is what tivo does with live tv.. it buffers 30 minutes of live tv on each tuner.. for example.. tonight I will watch monday night football and prison break at the same time.. tivo will buffer both channels for me live so I can switch back and forth.. works well without having to record.

scottzee said:
Robert, I called your store a couple of minutes ago to ask a question. You've got some friendly people working the phones for you. I appreciated the lady's help.

Can someone explain this "dual buffer" thing to a newbie? I was all set to order when I read this thread. What does this mean to a non-technical guy?

sfin54 said:
Robert,

I currently have a Lifetime Tivo subscription with DirecTv. Can this be transferred to the R15, or will I have to pay the monthly DVR fee?

Thanks,
sfin54

Good news, DIRECTV once again is honoring everyone's lifetime TiVo DVR service to be extended to include the R15.

Plus for those of you who are enjoying the $4.99 DVR fee, your new R15 will be included at the $4.99 whole house DVR fee.

-Robert

Tressler,
That's exactly how I use my Directivo. Direct better add that feature!
It's so handy jumping back & forth those 30 minute shows fly by.

If I purchased the HD-Tivo and sent in the rebate coupon am I excluded from this deal? In other words can I get a rebate on the HR10-250 and a second on the R15?

Not true Robert. I bought a HD DVR from you and another one from Directv. D* told me I was elgible for 2 rebates of $100 each. This was during the $299 sale frenzy. True that I've yet to receive the rebate but after calling and complaining, I've received the credits on my billing statement.

Robert, In an earlier post you mentioned some limited hands-on the R15. Could you tell us if the guide is faster loading & paging than the HR10-250? Also, are simultaneous multiple outputs possible (component if available, s-video, composite)?

I have a quick question, is professional install required? If I order I will be dropping this in place of an existing receiver which already has two lines ran (in anticipation of a DVR which I have yet to buy). I'd rather not have to deal with an installer.

Robert
In looking at the picture of the back of the R15 from your web page (the members link), I can't see the power supply. Am I just missing it, or is it on the side?
Thanks...

JosephB said:
I have a quick question, is professional install required? If I order I will be dropping this in place of an existing receiver which already has two lines ran (in anticipation of a DVR which I have yet to buy). I'd rather not have to deal with an installer.

No installer is necessary.

The power cord plugs into the rear.

-Robert

Hamm3r said:
Robert, In an earlier post you mentioned some limited hands-on the R15. Could you tell us if the guide is faster loading & paging than the HR10-250? Also, are simultaneous multiple outputs possible (component if available, s-video, composite)?

Once the APG is fully loaded the guide moves very quickly.

No component as the R15 is not a HD devise. But you do have simultaneous S, two composite RCA, Yellow/Red/White and one coax output.

It looks like we should be able to ship all of our advance orders today and any new orders that come up to 3:30 PM today should also ship today.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Once the APG is fully loaded the guide moves very quickly.

No component as the R15 is not a HD devise. But you do have simultaneous S, two composite RCA, Yellow/Red/White and one coax output.

It looks like we should be able to ship all of our advance orders today and any new orders that come up to 3:30 PM today should also ship today.

-Robert

I ordered one from your place last night. The people that helped were great.
So by "simultaneous S, two composite RCA, Yellow/Red/White and one coax output", does that mean I should hook up ALL of those cables to get the best quality? Or do some of them trump the others? Hope this makes sense...

have they shipped out yet? Will the tracking numbers be emailed today or still not til tomorrow, just wondering.
thanks

scottzee said:
I ordered one from your place last night. The people that helped were great.
So by "simultaneous S, two composite RCA, Yellow/Red/White and one coax output", does that mean I should hook up ALL of those cables to get the best quality? Or do some of them trump the others? Hope this makes sense...

No need to hook them all up. The best setup would be one of the S-video and the audio signals. If your television does not have a spare s-video input (if, for example, you already have your DVD player hooked into the s-video), then just use the yellow/red/white. For an SD television, you probably won't see too many differences with whatever you do.

Just wondering. Does the remote have an extra button compared to the D10 remote? On Directs website it doesn't, but on Best Buys it does. It's right under the TV Input button.

Also, I'm a VOIP customer. Will this box need to dail out on a land based phone 1st? ala TiVo

Hey, I was close, R is right next to E on the keyboard.

OK, I edited the original post, question still stands, any word or is the R15 shipping from VE going to be like the HR10-250 was (aka, kept slipping). I know that wasn't Roberts fault, he was basing his estimates on what D* told him, just wondering if D* is yanking his chain again?

I don't know. I haven't seen robert in here too much today. Maybe he is busy shipping orders out tonight or getting the tracking numbers emailed to us?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)