VE R15 scheduled to ship on 11/8/05

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Robert,
When will you have new customer packages available (multiple receivers, dish, installation, etc) that include R15s?

KingsFan said:
Robert,
When will you have new customer packages available (multiple receivers, dish, installation, etc) that include R15s?

We just began taking orders today for new activations with the R15 DVR and should be shipping on November 8th.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
We just began taking orders today for new activations with the R15 DVR and should be shipping on November 8th.

-Robert
Is there an order page somewhere or do I need to call? The only one I see right now says "R10".

KingsFan said:
...but that's just for a stand-alone unit, right?

I put the R15 on the top of the private forum page.

Has anyone noticed my 12/ price sale on MP3 players yet? The 50% off sale is limited to the 24 I have in stock.

-Robert

2 questions
#1 If I get another DVR. ( I currently have a Directivo) will I have to agree to a 2 yr commit? I worry because I may join the military before that in which case I wouldn't need Directv
#2 If this new R15 blows can I return it for a refund & buy a R10?

lee78221 said:
No you can use the one you have in your tivo right now.

That makes it simple. Literally plug in the new one and put in the current access card from the current Tivo unit and away ya go, eh?

lee78221 said:
No you can use the one you have in your tivo right now.

Everyone must use the new access card that comes with your receiver or DVR. DIRECTV charges the dealer $115 if the original access card does not activate within 60 days.

I know most DIRECTV CSRs will activate new receivers with your existing access card, but PLEASE DO NOT DO IT!

-Robert

01ds650 said:
2 questions
#1 If I get another DVR. ( I currently have a Directivo) will I have to agree to a 2 yr commit? I worry because I may join the military before that in which case I wouldn't need Directv
#2 If this new R15 blows can I return it for a refund & buy a R10?

1. Yes, you will be required to make a 2 yr. programming commitment. However, military service overseas is one of the few outs you can exercise with no penalty.

2. Once the box is opened and the DVR is activated we have a 20% restocking fee on returns. If the unit is defective you get a free replacement within the warranty term.

-Robert

Robert,

I currently have a Lifetime Tivo subscription with DirecTv. Can this be transferred to the R15, or will I have to pay the monthly DVR fee?

Thanks,
sfin54

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Everyone must use the new access card that comes with your receiver or DVR. DIRECTV charges the dealer $115 if the original access card does not activate within 60 days.

I know most DIRECTV CSRs will activate new receivers with your existing access card, but PLEASE DO NOT DO IT!

-Robert

OK...so if I get the R15, I should use the access card that comes with it and call D* to activate it, right? Don't use the old card then?

$99 for the unit and $100 rebate? So, the customer gets paid $1 to upgrade?

robert, does the fact the directv announced yesterday during it's earnings call that it won't be shipping them out til next week affect your ship date as well since chase carey said that for some reason unbeknownst to normal humans they decided to wait an extra week and ship next week?

Proc said:
OK...so if I get the R15, I should use the access card that comes with it and call D* to activate it, right? Don't use the old card then?

$99 for the unit and $100 rebate? So, the customer gets paid $1 to upgrade?

Yes, yes and yes again.

-Robert

mikedz4 said:
robert, does the fact the directv announced yesterday during it's earnings call that it won't be shipping them out til next week affect your ship date as well since chase carey said that for some reason unbeknownst to normal humans they decided to wait an extra week and ship next week?

I expect DIRECTV to ship on Monday and we should receive and ship on Tuesday.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)