VE R15 scheduled to ship on 11/8/05

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thank you robert. As long as I am a directv subscriber I will make sure to deal with you. You are one in a million.

???

ok let me see here,

the maker humax who farms it out to china, gets it made, ships it to humax, or directly to a distributor, then is shipped to robert / or as robert has done, had the distributor drop shipped to his customers ?

if thats the case why was it made to seem that the november 8th that robert was getting his orders to his ny store, then shipping them from there directly ?

and will will get the tracking numbers still emailed to us if the distributor is manually entering them in ?

and id the indiana or california distrubition centers decided which it is shipped on based on where the customer lives ?

Robert is one awesome class act indeed.

I ordered an R10 last year and had an issue activating it due to a computer error.

I called Robert up and he promptly called up his Directv contact, which bypassed me having to wait on hold, to see what the problem was.

moqz1001 said:
ok let me see here,

the maker humax who farms it out to china, gets it made, ships it to humax, or directly to a distributor, then is shipped to robert / or as robert has done, had the distributor drop shipped to his customers ?

if thats the case why was it made to seem that the november 8th that robert was getting his orders to his ny store, then shipping them from there directly ?

and will will get the tracking numbers still emailed to us if the distributor is manually entering them in ?

and id the indiana or california distrubition centers decided which it is shipped on based on where the customer lives ?

Chill man, and take it easy on Robert....

KingsFan said:
I got an email with tracking number saying two "basic receivers" shipped to me today. Problem is I requested an R15 and NO basic receivers. So far I haven't received a reply to my PM or email asking what is going on. Hopefully just a typo and my R15 is on the way? (Keeps fingers crossed).

I would be hesitant to take the basic recievers if they are not what you specifically ordered.

moqz1001 said:
ok let me see here,

1. Humax, is a actual contracted manufacturer and they build the DVR themselves. Humax is a S. Korean company. I am not sure it was Humax who made these R15s. DIRECTV contracts several companies to build their boxes. The contractors ship to several DIRECTV warehouses, who ship to the two distributors that have 24 combined distribution locations in the US. We ship from 21 of the nationwide distribution locations as well as our own warehouse in Scarsdale, NY. However, we fulfill our orders from wherever the inventory is available with a priority of selecting the closest warehouse to the shipping destination.

2. I do expect all of the tracking #'s will be emailed to everyone tonight.

3. Yes, we have a computer program that looks at each item and matches it to the warehouse that has inventory available, closest to the destination point.

We work very hard to provide the highest level of customer service and support, in this very fast paced, computer automated world where we still rely on many people in the processing of each order we sometime fall short of our very high standards. We always make good on our commitments and look at problems as a opportunity to make a bad thing turn out as good as humanly possible.

-Robert

jbcheshire said:
Chill man, and take it easy on Robert....

I agree entirely! These folks are fortunate that I am not the Robert. If I were, their orders would be redirected to Pluto!

zortapa said:
I agree entirely! These folks are fortunate that I am not the Robert. If I were, their orders would be redirected to Pluto!

And people would NEVER order from you or your company again. Plus word of stores like that gets out fast especially in today's high tech world. In a matter of months your store would be out of business holding a liquidation sale to recover SOME of its losses.

People like Robert are still in business because of the way he treats his customers. He goes the extra mile for them. I'm sure he treats his employees the same way. We need more people like him in this world insted of companies like walmart (who i am about to start working for tomorrow) who, at least from what i have heard, could care less about their employees (guess i will find out).

thanks robert. Just got my tracking information. WAY TO GO!!!!!
Now did anyone else get theirs?

mikedz4 said:

Well did get the tracking number.... since it was on the shipping label..
Just about two more hours till I get home and fire this bad boy up....

:)

Thanks Robert...
The review which I will post here as well as TivoCommunity and DBSForums will start tonight, and hopefully complete by this weekend.

Earl

what does the box and remote look like? Is the remote different from the d10 remote or no?

I'll be waiting to read your review ebonovic. I see that the R-15 does allow you to watch a previously recorded show while recording two others though. That's a good thing! :D

Now if we can just upgrade the hard drives in these I'll get one.

mikedz4 said:

Me too. Just got tracking info. Thanks, Robert. Looking forward to ebonovic review.

Received my tracking number too for my 2 R15s. Email said they shipped today 11/9. UPS site still says billing information received. It should show tracking info later tonight. I think Robert said past 11pm est.

:D
6:21pm central update:
On Time
Scheduled Delivery: Nov 11, 2005

Shipped or Billed on: Nov 9, 2005

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxx
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 13.00 Lbs
Note: Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of Nov 11, 2005.

Wow! 2 days delivery. I was hoping to get them by the weekend to put them through the paces. Thx VE! :D

for me:

On Time
Scheduled Delivery: Nov 14, 2005

rbjorensen said:
Received my tracking number too for my 2 R15s. Email said they shipped today 11/9. UPS site still says billing information received. It should show tracking info later tonight. I think Robert said past 11pm est.

:D
6:21pm central update:
On Time
Scheduled Delivery: Nov 11, 2005

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxx
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 13.00 Lbs
Note: Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of Nov 11, 2005.

Wow! 2 days delivery. I was hoping to get them by the weekend to put them through the paces. Thx VE! :D

Remember, Friday is a federal holiday so there might not be any UPS or FED EX working that day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.