Vegas, the sports town?

Claims of 'oh it's a dry heat' are nonsense. I've been there in August numerous times. It's FREAKING HOT!
Lived here 20+ years now. it is different, but on a 107° day in the clear sun it's more like 130° or more. in my first year here was going down the road after such a day that night with the windows down I got a chill looked down the temperature gauge in my car said it was 82° outside. unforgettable stuff.

Back home in Cleveland the humidity is always 65% or better. I joked that one needed Gills to breath that stuff. now here if it gets to 40-50% like the past few weeks at times. I find it hard to breath here. no wonder after living out this way when easterners go back they get pneumonia and die sometimes.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Skyline Chili is the best.
My first time was about 1970. taking a Greyhound there was about 2 hour layover. so I went look around for some food. went into a little dinner and looked at what people were eating almost all were eat IT.
I had to ask the waitress......... What is it they were eating ? and said I take a order. it was pretty good.

I keep Chill in my freezer mostly for Frankfurters. but on occasions I put it over Mac & Cheese. yummy

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I was at Tropicana during the final hours Monday night. I had difficulty picturing a stadium on what seems like such a small parcel of land.
Wrap your mind around this. ALL on a half acre Baby
The developer is asking for a reduction in the number of required parking spaces from 854 to 531.

IMG_4020.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
Lots of speculation about why the A's chose Sacramento for their interim seasons, but this makes the most sense to me-

"They have to stay in the Bay area to get that sweet, sweet money. Apparently all entities think Sacramento is close enough to the Bay to be in the market.

That's actually just another sign of the folly... the A's don't think they can get nearly as much cable money from the Las Vegas market, so they have to stay in the Bay area as long as they can."