Venting.... Sometimes Dish is Frustrating

Most of SXM’s CSR’s are offshore. God love ‘em, they try their best, but the language barrier is tough.

Sirius Xm is a fricken joke every time I call them.

Try renewing a satellite radio subscription, they are so gun ho on offering you their very best package and saying what a great value it is at almost $20/mo.

Then you tell them their service is crap, you don’t listen to but only 3 stations and all of a sudden it’s the 6 month for $30 deal.

Sirius Xm is a fricken joke every time I call them.

Try renewing a satellite radio subscription, they are so gun ho on offering you their very best package and saying what a great value it is at almost $20/mo.

Then you tell them their service is crap, you don’t listen to but only 3 stations and all of a sudden it’s the 6 month for $30 deal.

They have an even sweeter deal... 6 months car subscription + app/internet streaming for $50 ;)

I remember trying to add two 222's on one account once - they wouldn't do it to save my life or the customer.
I had no choice but to do it that way and no matter how many times I called they wouldn't change it.
Ended up getting shocked so many times by the customers home wiring after being there 4 hours for a simple 4 room install that the office finally had the sense to call it a day there and pack it up and let them call Direct.

Lol stand there getting shocked ...customer sees it and just stands there like OK? Now what.. lol wow

I only have the Welcome Pack so I don’t get the SXM channels, but I have my SXM account linked to my Echo Dots which works well.
I wish my Dish subscription counted for that functionality. I would settle for being able to use Alexa to change to a SiriusXM channel on my Wally. I have not figured out how to do that yet.

I remember trying to add two 222's on one account once - they wouldn't do it to save my life or the customer.
I had no choice but to do it that way and no matter how many times I called they wouldn't change it.
Ended up getting shocked so many times by the customers home wiring after being there 4 hours for a simple 4 room install that the office finally had the sense to call it a day there and pack it up and let them call Direct.

Lol stand there getting shocked ...customer sees it and just stands there like OK? Now what.. lol wow

You got a bad ground or a hot/neutral reverses somewhere.

Been there, done that.

I had a lady’s house I went to the ground connection was sparking on the water meter.

The worse part about those scenarios is the customer won’t acknowledge they have a problem, or will pay someone to properly fix it.

I had another one we kept going through receivers. Finally after the 3rd one I told the customer no more until they call an electrician.

They get their back alley electrician (I know more than him) and traced it down to a knob and tube/ Romex connection.

I told their electrician what to do, would not touch that one at all. Fire waiting to happen

I wish my Dish subscription counted for that functionality. I would settle for being able to use Alexa to change to a SiriusXM channel on my Wally. I have not figured out how to do that yet.
You can get the new fire cube..that will allow Alexa to control any dish receiver...of course purchased via the satelliteguys store

Amazon product ASIN B01NBTFNVA
Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

You can get the new fire cube..that will allow Alexa to control any dish receiver...of course purchased via the satelliteguys store

Amazon product ASIN B01NBTFNVA
Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
The Echo Dot already controls my Wally. It is trying to get it to change the Wally to a specific SiriusXM station that does not work for me. The only thing that works for that is "Alexa, channel 99 on Dish" which turns the Wally to SiriusXM Hits 1. Then, I have to use the remote to channel up from there to get to the station I want.

....at the same rate as the other major providers. Seems you left that part off....again

Not really

After being in this industry for over 20 years nobody wants Dish anymore. Except maybe the people on this forum who think the Hopper 3 is the next best thing after sliced bread.

But seriously in the real world, the average customer I deal with every day doesn’t really care about Dish or their kangaroo equipment. They are more concerned with price and the availability of affordable BUNDLED internet.

The lack of not having offering internet service is killing off the DISH subscriber base giving them absolutely no incentive to stay.

Atleast with Comcast or Spectrum customers stick for the internet.

Dish has nothing going for them. Unless of course if you want to drop them and go with sling (that’s a joke within it’s self)

AT&T is not perfect either with Directv, but there are lots of wireless customers and AT&T internet customers who have an incentive to stay with Directv.

They are bleeding customers and will continue to bleed customers. The numbers don’t lie and they can’t keep using Sling numbers to put a bandage over their wounds.

From what I hear, since Univision, Dish cS wait times is ridiculous and causing a lot of pissdd off people. I’m assuming this quarter is not going to come out too well. Unfortunately.

Really? Since when do people care about Univision?

The Spanish population is so small compared to the rest of the customer base, and then what percentage of those customers actually care.

We are not talking the takedown of the Viacom channels, where people actually where irritated.

When you throw in Cadillac, Sagamore, and the 3rd whose name I cannot remember. Way too many channels and Charlie’s inability to secure the streaming rights to a lot of channels, unfortunately.

From what I hear, since Univision, Dish cS wait times is ridiculous and causing a lot of pissdd off people. I’m assuming this quarter is not going to come out too well. Unfortunately.
This dispute affects one of my local stations. However, the rumor lately is that this particular station (WQHS) will soon be up for sale. So at this point, I hope Dish stands firm, and doesn't cave to Univision. Hopefully the new owner of WQHS, whoever that may turn out to be, will restore the station to the Dish lineup.

Really? Since when do people care about Univision?
Well, when you tell people that they can get a free antenna and free installation if they ask about Univision... ;)

This dispute affects one of my local stations. However, the rumor lately is that this particular station (WQHS) will soon be up for sale. So at this point, I hope Dish stands firm, and doesn't cave to Univision. Hopefully the new owner of WQHS, whoever that may turn out to be, will restore the station to the Dish lineup.

Well, when you tell people that they can get a free antenna and free installation if they ask about Univision... ;)

If I was a dish customer I would suddenly care :)

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)