Verify Reciever

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

xNeo

Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
I went to turn on my TV yesterday and every channel I know I have didn’t work. So I asked my dad if he did anything, and he said Dish network called and said something about we have 3 receivers and he said no we only have 2. So they made him go through some sort of test, and he said he unplugged the sim cards or something and after some other tests it was all set. So I called dish up asking them what was wrong, they said that my Dish receive was NOT verified in the test and it can NOT be added onto my account. If I want to use the receiver I need to open another account. He said the two receivers you are using are verified, but we don’t have two other receivers…we used to have 3 in my old house, but we threw one away because it didn’t work and we only wanted it in two. So I think they think we hacked it somehow or something, because we CAN’T add this receiver that I bought through them that I’ve been using for the past two years to my own account. What do I do? I even talked to the manager and he gave me a SUPER attitude and told me that there test is run once and once only and the receiver verified are the ones on that will work on your account. What I don’t understand is how a receiver we don’t have was verified. Any help? What can I do? I have a $300 receiver that I can not use!

At a minimum call back and cancel service on that receiver that you no longer have. If you aren't using it and it is still active on your account, then you are probably paying a $5 per month additional receiver charge.

i would suggest sending a mail to ceo@echostar.com/. Expalin what you have described here and explain that there seems to be some confusion over your receivers.
I would list the R00 numbers (you can find these in the menu's or on the sticky on the back of the receivers) you do have .Ask them to confirm they are activated and deactivate any other receivers they think you have. This way you will get written confirmation of which receivers you have and also which ones are active. You should include in the email your account number too.
Just my 0.2 cents

I called them again, and they said that we violated some sort of agreement and I have a hold or something on my account for the two recievers they claime I have. If I cancel the one the I don't have then the one I do have will be the only reciever I can use under this account. I can not add another reciever, even if I buy it new through them! I was speeking to corporate, it just seems like a bunch off bull. I might just switch to comcast, it seems like I can get everything that I have now plus local channels for like 10 dollars more a month. Then I won't have to deal with this bull crap of which recievers I have and don't have.

If you threw it away, why are you afraid to have it removed? Are all your receivers located at the same address? Do you and your Dad live at the same address?

It seems that the Dish Audit Police have struck again. How many customers do they have to p*ss off before Dish Corporate intervenes? If they (the Dish Audit Police) ever call me, I will verify each and every receiver then promptly cancel each and every receiver. Paying customers shouldn't have to put up with this kind of harassment.

xNeo said:
I called them again, and they said that we violated some sort of agreement and I have a hold or something on my account...I might just switch to comcast...Then I won't have to deal with this bull crap of which recievers I have and don't have.
Sounds like a plan. If you don't have a current contract with E* (which will cost you at least $13.33 per remaining month to cancel) then I suggest you call E* and just cancel. You might get some final relief from the Retention dept. (others here have had varying success) but if not then make the move to Comcast if you think you'd be satisfied with their packages. If you have a remaining contract, find out how much it will cost to terminate it and decide from there.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum...

FWIW, the Dish audit police are getting worse, not better. I put on another STB yesterday and the Techs have to read a statement now before you are activated stating that you must keep this box installed to a phone line at all times if you don't you will get audited and any boxes not confirmed will be terminated from your account and you will never be able to activate again.

As for the what the OP should do, his explanation makes little sense to me - so I can see why Dish would not buy it either.

However, in a worse case scenario if you really want to put up with this BS, cancel the account and tell them you are selling the STBs.

Then just call back in several days and start a new account with all the boxes under your fathers or mother's name (or someone who's SS number is not on the current account).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)