SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Verizon Reports Continued Success in 3Q 2007

Full Story

Wireline

• 202,000 net new FiOS TV customers, 717,000 total FiOS TV customers; more than 1.5 million total video customers, including satellite TV.
  • 229,000 net new FiOS Internet customers, 1.3 million total FiOS Internet customers; 8.0 million total broadband connections (FiOS Internet and DSL), up 21.3 percent.
  • 28.6 percent increase in Verizon Business revenues from strategic services (IP and managed services); total Verizon Business adjusted revenue growth (non-GAAP) of 2.2 percent.

Well, it appears that Verizon is on track to have 900k - 1 Million FiOS TV subscribers by the end of 2007. As I recall, when FiOS TV launched in 2005 I think they were shooting for 750k or 900k by the end of 2007.

1st Quarter added 141K for a total of 348k subscribers
2nd Quarter added 167k for a total of 515k subscribers (47.99% growth)
3rd Quarter added 202k for a total of 717k subscribers (39.22% growth)

4th Quarter need to add 187k subscribers for 900K subscribers (26.1% growth)
4th Quarter need to add 287k subscribers for 1M subscribers (40.00% growth)

I don't see that happening in the 4th quarter. Between the continued horrible new guide rollout and D* adding a ton of new HD channels, I would think turnover would increase a bit.

I don't see that happening in the 4th quarter. Between the continued horrible new guide rollout and D* adding a ton of new HD channels, I would think turnover would increase a bit.
The guide and that horrible HD DVR have me a little concerned. I hope the guide issues is resolved by the time we're ready for FiOS TV in the spring and that equipment upgrades are ready so more HD channels can be added. As far as their HD DVR...we'll probably get a couple of Series 3s if Verizon doesn't deploy something better, much better.

HD is a fad...just like color tv

VZ is right to ignore HD. For the love of Peter, Paul, & Mary, it's not like HD is really catching on. Give it a few years and the same thing will happen to this HD nonsense that happened to color tv.

Besides, piss on shareholders. That's the ticket. I'm sure there's something in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act that requires that VZ totally piss shareholder profit down the toilet.....and to think that all this time I thought that firms were supposed to maximize shareholder profit. I mean, I think Verizon is really ahead of the times.....generate great buzz on the potential of your system but without actually being able to compete with the other players in the HD game....this is the new way of doing business....talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

I've tried to keep a happy face with this FIOS crap. In retrospect, they suck. The product I have is fine right now...but what in the blue hell are they working on for the future?......video games and interactive TV.....HD? NO. There won't be a FiOS TV service to convert to IPTV.

They tried to make me go to rehab....I said no no no...

new version:

They tried to make us add HD....I said no no no.

Days of Thunder reference:

Verizon's not runnin' good.....Verizon's not lookin' good.....and now they've got sponsor trouble.

VZ is right to ignore HD. For the love of Peter, Paul, & Mary, it's not like HD is really catching on. Give it a few years and the same thing will happen to this HD nonsense that happened to color tv.

Besides, piss on shareholders. That's the ticket. I'm sure there's something in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act that requires that VZ totally piss shareholder profit down the toilet.....and to think that all this time I thought that firms were supposed to maximize shareholder profit. I mean, I think Verizon is really ahead of the times.....generate great buzz on the potential of your system but without actually being able to compete with the other players in the HD game....this is the new way of doing business....talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

I've tried to keep a happy face with this FIOS crap. In retrospect, they suck. The product I have is fine right now...but what in the blue hell are they working on for the future?......video games and interactive TV.....HD? NO. There won't be a FiOS TV service to convert to IPTV.

They tried to make me go to rehab....I said no no no...

new version:

They tried to make us add HD....I said no no no.

Days of Thunder reference:

Verizon's not runnin' good.....Verizon's not lookin' good.....and now they've got sponsor trouble.

Calm down Speck. I spoke with ALL the other VZ subscribers and we have a plan. On Friday, the day most companies allow casual day, we are ALL going to show up for work stark naked. Yup, butts a bouncin, boobs a swayin in protest.:yikes Be sure to paint a VZ on your chest and walk proudly into your office nude in protest. :D

In all seriousness, I could not agree with you more. Problem is that we are the share holders. They borrow money against our subscriptions. It is unfortunate that it is so hard to just up and switch with a might FU to them so that they get the message. Problem is that there are too many that just do not care and still believe that they are getting what was promised to them (see some responses to my previouc posts). Without ALL of us protesting nude it really does not have an impact!!protest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)