Verizon 5Gb bandwidth bump loyalty reward

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I called Verizon to activate an iPhone 6 last week, and they surprised me by telling me that they had increased my bandwidth for 3 lines from 10GB to 15Gb for free. And then with the iPhone 6, they gave me another GB free. Anyone else get this? With 16GB, I pretty much feel like I am on unlimited again. And don't even worry about streaming music over LTE anymore.

Reactions: meStevo
I called Verizon to activate an iPhone 6 last week, and they surprised me by telling me that they had increased my bandwidth for 3 lines from 10GB to 15Gb for free. And then with the iPhone 6, they gave me another GB free. Anyone else get this? With 16GB, I pretty much feel like I am on unlimited again. And don't even worry about streaming music over LTE anymore.
i think in june, they gave me a free gigabyte of ram for free for a year.

Too bad the lower tier bandwidth customers aren't getting upgrades.
We'll have our time. This is all a formality until these data limits skyrocket, competition just needs to continue to put on the pressure.

I see data plans as the minutes plans of the 90s. Just a matter of time before everyone is relatively unlimited.

I received a text message from Verizon warning me that I was getting close to the 6GB we have and if I wanted to upgrade to 10 GB for $0. I replied YES. :)

Of course, for me, I was about to reset my bandwidth back to 6GB from 10GB we had due to traveling this summer, and then BAM! They offer 15GB. Now, I won't give that up. :)

Reactions: RandallA
I noticed single line AT&T customers will get a bump in space starting tomorrow. 2G=3G.

Verizon bumped us from 2gb to 4gb for the same cost as the 2gb yesterday. I had asked about the 8gb promo and was told about the different tiers. Was told 4gb was now what I was paying for 2gb.

I was going to start a thread to ask this question, but I think this might be a good place to ask here. I have 6 lines, all smartphones, and I believe we are an Edge account with 4 GB of shared data. 2 of the lines are my parents, seasoned citizens, that consistently use next to 0 data. The other 4 lines are my wife and 2 of my sons. Over the last couple of years we have come close to our data cap and I will get a text message advising if we go over it will be $15 for 1GB of data or for $XX a month you can increase your plan by 2GB just reply "YES". We have never taken advantage of any of these because I was not clear if this was for one month or if it was going forward. So this month we get a text saying 90% of data used, it will be $15 for 1GB if you go over or "to increase your plan by 2GB for $0 more per month, reply YES." Does this mean we would go from 4 to 6 GB for free every month? We are currently at $336 a month. Any suggestions on either reducing our bill or getting more for what we are paying? TIA

I was going to start a thread to ask this question, but I think this might be a good place to ask here. I have 6 lines, all smartphones, and I believe we are an Edge account with 4 GB of shared data. 2 of the lines are my parents, seasoned citizens, that consistently use next to 0 data. The other 4 lines are my wife and 2 of my sons. Over the last couple of years we have come close to our data cap and I will get a text message advising if we go over it will be $15 for 1GB of data or for $XX a month you can increase your plan by 2GB just reply "YES". We have never taken advantage of any of these because I was not clear if this was for one month or if it was going forward. So this month we get a text saying 90% of data used, it will be $15 for 1GB if you go over or "to increase your plan by 2GB for $0 more per month, reply YES." Does this mean we would go from 4 to 6 GB for free every month? We are currently at $336 a month. Any suggestions on either reducing our bill or getting more for what we are paying? TIA

If you say YES< and increase by 2GB it will change the data package, UNTIL you change it back. Last summer we were gone a lot and with three users were using a LOT of data. I got to 90% of the alloted 6GB and replied by text to increase by 8, and then to 10. I was about to change back to 6 when they offered the loyalty bump, where I am now paying for 10 but have 15. Paying more than I was before, but now I never worry about it and can pretty much use it as unlimited for all practical purposes.

Just replied and got this right back"Verizon Msg: You have successfully upgraded to the 6GB per month plan which will add $0 to your monthly charges. If you did not request this change, please dial *611 to contact Customer Service."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)