Verizon Fios to add NHL, NBA, and MLB networks...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Seems to me the only way to make Directv realize that they do not lead anymore is a mass defection of customers to fios

Seems to me this would only be remotely feasible if Fios was more widely available.

Directv has a strong foothold in Fios locations. If everyone were to go to fios in those locations, they might get the point...

Maybe.

And when FiOS comes to my neighborhood I'll switch. Oh that's right, they never will. Instead we will be getting the inferior U-Verse. U-verse could have 1000 HD channels and I still wouldn't get them because of the number of active stream limitations. I have 9 active tuners in my house with 4 being HD. Can't do that with U-verse. And when U-verse increases their streams, it will be at the expense of PQ. No thanks.

Since E* has a number of tuners that can be leased limitation that would force me to buy some of the equipment instead which makes it cost prohibitive. So they are out too.

So I'm stuck with D* (and their no adding national HD self) for better or worse since cable in my area is much worse than D*.

Verizon adds NHL Network, NHL Center Ice to FiOS lineup - Engadget HD

MLB network coming Jan 1.

No word yet on when NBA launches.

Pretty soon all Directv will be the leader in is PPV channels.

Seems to me the only way to make Directv realize that they do not lead anymore is a mass defection of customers to fios.

Cool adding them gets you Charter. Not something to be proud of. I had Charter until 11-3. I have subscribed to MLB Extra Innings and NHL Center Ice

The main thing is, Verizon isn't Charter.

The only thing Directv leads in now is Sports and PPV, and at the frantic pace Verizon is adding HD, soon Directv will lead in nothing but their delusions.....

When did Fios get Sunday Ticket??? I have VZW for Phone and would get Fios but it is not an option. QWORST runs the territory here in Minnesota.

NFL is sunday ticket. Fios is getting NBA, NHL, and MLB.

the NFL has a exclusive contract with Directv. Although if Fios keeps gaining, that could change...

The grass is always greener....

The main thing is, Verizon isn't Charter.

Neither is D*. Be real, do you think Verizon does not have its share of problems? What will you say about them when their frantic pace slows?

Aside from that there are many other innovations underway with D*.

Except the 'problem' with Directv not adding HD isn't a problem that would replicate with Fios unless Malone buys them...

This shouldnt be posted here....

You couldnt pay me to use any Verizon product... that company is satan. I dont need the travel channel in HD that badly to deal with that company.

In any event this is just another complaint thread abotu DirecTV. Dont we have enough of these?

"The all-baseball network, which debuts Jan. 1, announced this week it has reached an agreement with Verizon FiOS, one of the fastest-growing cable providers in the country. With deals already in place with DirecTV..."

So FiOS has it... D* had it from day one. :cool:

I am perfectly happy with DirecTV. It would be great if every channel were in HD, and some day it will be, but as long as the major sports are in HD then I guess I can wait. I can't stand most of the other stuff that is on anyway, and I don't think putting crappy programs on in HD will make them any better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)