Verizon FIOS Update (Clearwater, FL):

Much of St Pete is serviceable now. I got mine in Nov 2008 in northeast St Pete (62nd Ave N area, east of 4th St). As you may or may not know, I have a computer business and a lot of my residential customers are popping up with FIOS. I would say they are in pockets and cherry-picked areas though. Not just the rich areas. There are areas where you'd think they'd have service and other areas that you wouldn't think they would have service and they do. I haven't seen as many work crews lately but I did see a big sign yesterday near 4th and 52nd stating their intent to do some major work in that area.

A while back they said they were backing off FL to meet legal requirements in NY state. They had to hit a certain number of serviceable houses by a certain date per the franchise agreement with the state on NY. So they were backing off FL and other areas to meet those demands. They'll be back, but if you aren't getting FIOS yet, you might have to wait a bit longer. I actually thought Clearwater was pretty much done and it was just St Pete left in Pinellas. Hope you get it soon.
Yeah...I'm in Countryside area...between Enterprise and 580, along Landmark. I know they have it South of Enterprise, but for whatever reason they aren't working in our subdivision yet. Frustrating!

Thanks for the info re. NY...

March 2010 ... still no news!

It's been 9 months since my last post...still no updates on when my area is getting service. I did get a letter from Verizon back in December, enticing me to "pre-order" FiOS, but when I called they said it must have been a mistake. Completely aggravating.

I guess I'm stuck with Brighthouse forever.

I was at the State Fair last month and stopped by the FIOS exhibit. I asked the girl when FIOS would be in my area. She plugged in my address and got nothing, then called someone and got nothing again. Bottom line...same answer as the Verizon website, NOTHING! I'm thinking they went right past me to Coachman Ridge. There's more $$$ there. Too bad, it's your loss Verizon :mad:

I was at the State Fair last month and stopped by the FIOS exhibit. I asked the girl when FIOS would be in my area. She plugged in my address and got nothing, then called someone and got nothing again. Bottom line...same answer as the Verizon website, NOTHING! I'm thinking they went right past me to Coachman Ridge. There's more $$$ there. Too bad, it's your loss Verizon :mad:
It is ridiculous. I had FIOS and LOVED it, moved, and was told it would be available on 1/15/10. When I moved in this house in Aug 2009 it was wired, even had the orange round circle thing in the street and the green box in the yard but nope, not yet serviceable. I swear, I could throw a stone and hit a serviceable house on the next street but not my house. I have opened 4 engineering tickets to find out what the problem is and after the first (which said it would be here 1/15/10), I have not gotten a response.

My neighborhood is WIRED for Christ sakes. I own a computer service business servicing residential and business customers and have no less than 3 clients in my neighborhood who also want FIOS. What gives?

The faster Internet, all 26 HBO/MAX channels in HD, other HD channels, etc. I want my FIOS! They suck by virtue of the fact that they are serviceable on one street and not the next. I live in an upper middle class neighborhood near Weeden Island.

I am pissed too!

Any idea when Verizon will resume their roll-out of FIOS in the countryside area? We live in a subdivision behind Kohls and our only choices are Brighthouse and Knology. I know folks North of Tampa Rd and South of Enterprise have access to FIOS but someone we got skipped.

thanks

Any idea when Verizon will resume their roll-out of FIOS in the countryside area? We live in a subdivision behind Kohls and our only choices are Brighthouse and Knology. I know folks North of Tampa Rd and South of Enterprise have access to FIOS but someone we got skipped.

thanks

well, i've been waiting for well over two years now. i'm just off countryside blvd and south of enterprise. good luck in your area. i've given up..._____ you verizon! :mad:

I've been waiting for 4 years. I am on 590. Every week I get junk mail from verizon about FiOS. Whenever I check they keep giving me "good news" about the availability of DSL for my location.

This is total BS...

thanks
don't hold your breath

I just put in my zip code and it says Fios is available in my area. I have seen no advertising from Fios at all. Seem like they would at least send a mailer out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts