Verizon has no answer to Tmobiles pricing.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
So verizon really doesn't want to keep my business. They have no answer for tmobile's pricing. With Tmobile, I can get unlimited talk, text and data for 150 a month versus verizon's 8gig month data, unlimited talk and unlimited text for 240 a month. I called up vzw this morning and they have no answers and couldn't match. Even the Supervisor that I talked to first tried to tell me I couldn't activate a VZW iphone 5 on tmoblie... Sorry try again.. then he had the balls to tell me that it was Illegal for me to activate a VZW iphone on tmobile. Verizon must be getting desperate. At this point I am going to be jumping ship sooner than later.

I dont care if VZW's network is better. That's not really important as Tmobile has a very solid network where I live and is comparable to verizon.

If the network is comparable, for sure go with the cheapest price.

Around here I couldn't even tell you where a t mobile store is, so its not an option at all.

I tried out T-mobile by taking my Verizon iPhone 5 over to them and using their SIM card . Although it's not illegal by using a Verizon iPhone 5 on T-mobile's network, I will say that you'll only get 4g speeds and you won't get LTE. I tried last year and discovered that. Unless they came out with a software update specifically to fix that to where you'd get LTE speeds instead. Yes they are cheaper but for a reason. If they work in your area that's great.

However here in Michigan I noticed I had no service in my home. I spent hours on the phone with their reps who had me try resetting my phone, settings, swapped out multiple SIM cards at the store and even had trouble tickets submitted which they concluded it was my home and not my coverage area. On Verizon's network in my home I get 1-3 bars depending on where I'm at inside. I will say they work fantastic in cities but in building coverage and in rural areas that's where they lack.

I even went so far of contacting apple support online and the guy who helped me was super nice until I told him I was trying to use a Verizon iPhone 5 on T-mobile. Not only did he get nasty about it but he said apple doesn't encourage, recommend, or support this kind of activity and that he couldn't help me. He basically told me to get a T-mobile iPhone if I wanted one that bad.

So I went to an authorized T-mobile store and opened an account, got an android phone and was told that I would get better coverage indoors since it was a T-mobile device . Got it home and discovered it was the same issue no service indoors. I may give them a shot in the future if they can improve coverage.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

T-Mobile's coverage is not even in the same ballpark as Verizon. Period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)