Verizon iPhone 4 Suffers From 'Death Grip'

Looks like the antennagate is part of the whole magic experience...

"...the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce"

Diogen.

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my htc TP2. Shield the phone with internal antenna with my hands and the signal goes to no bars. Why do they call it the "death grip"? I thought the "death grip" was what you do to rip a person's throat out of his neck with your thumb and fingers. Gripping the iphone sure didn't kill sales last year. The only reason why people report this on the iphone is because it is the most popular phone in the world.

I am shocked they did not try to fix that for the VZW phone. The video was pretty compelling. AND can't believe there is a global radio in there, just turned off. Classic verizon crap.

Who holds their iphone like that???

i really doubt this is a totally new design for VZW. Likely just slightly modified to use on their network. So this is not a real surprise versus ANY of the iPhones ever coming out this same way. I also agree no one holds their phone like this AND without clearing a cache and reloading the same exact page isnt really a great test right?

i really doubt this is a totally new design for VZW. Likely just slightly modified to use on their network. So this is not a real surprise versus ANY of the iPhones ever coming out this same way. I also agree no one holds their phone like this AND without clearing a cache and reloading the same exact page isnt really a great test right?

Good point. iPhone 5 work in progress?

I have the same problem with my htc TP2. Shield the phone with internal antenna with my hands and the signal goes to no bars. Why do they call it the "death grip"? I thought the "death grip" was what you do to rip a person's throat out of his neck with your thumb and fingers. Gripping the iphone sure didn't kill sales last year. The only reason why people report this on the iphone is because it is the most popular phone in the world.

No, the whole reason because Lord Jobs has the whole world fooled into thinking the iPhone is so perfect and pristine when it has its faults, and many of them at that And one of them was exposed big time, but being the arrogant prick he is, Lord Jobs reaction to the whole thing was just disgusting. He didn’t have the balls to come out and say it was a defect. Maybe that little school girl should go put on a dress. Coward! I didn’t have any problem with the whole antenna thing, I mean I know the iPhone is pure junk, it didn’t take antennagate to get me to realize that, it was Jobs reaction that did it for me. How people can worship that guy, let alone actually support him and buy is overpriced products is beyond me.

What I’d be interested in seeing is the real numeric signal strength values, not the bars. I wonder if Apple did any ‘creative’ bars to dBm mapping here like they did with AT&T. I’d love to get my hands on a jailbroken Verizon iPhone and install SBSettings on it.

I love going into the Apple Store and doing the death grip on the iPhone and watching the employees facial reactions as if I just killed their new born baby. Almost as fun as talking to an Apple Store employee and saying the word 'jailbreak'.

I love going to an the Apple store and telling people that they can buy covers and cables for much less money on-line. An employee even asked me for monoprice URL so he can purchase stuff for himself when he gets home.

I also love showing off what a jailbroken phone can do compared to their restricted phones. Believe it or not, many of the employees are intrigued at want info on how to jailbreak their own phones (some already have done it themselves).

I also go their wearing my Microsoft t-shirts

When I briefly was interested in the iPad, I went up to one of the sales guys and asked what firmware version the iPad was on. The guy told me and then asked me why I was interested in knowing that info. I told him because I wanted to see if a jailbreak was available because I was not going to buy an iPad unless I could jailbreak it. The guys face went blank and said ‘I can’t help you any more’ and walked away. I’d get funny looks from the Apple employees when I’d ask something stupid just to be an ass and they’d look on at my phone and see my 5 icon dock or my Tap To Unlock. Another thing I did was install that app from Cydia that lets you customize the carrier sign to anything you want. I changed it from AT&T to Verizon, that got an interesting reaction as well.

Here is a screen shot of my phone's lock screen. My carrier is Dodgers and I use the Droid Lock screen

Attachments

• image-3061193969.png
    image-3061193969.png
    84 KB · Views: 211
Now I understand. You have built up so much hate because you have too much idle time to waste. :)
I don't go to the Apple store because there are too many people in there hanging out and the sales people don't know anything you can't read on their website anyway. If you ask a question like you did, they usually go to their website and try to find the answer and read it to you. Like I can't read. Now if you just want to go watch lots of hot women or hang out with gay guys, It's a good place to go. I signed up for their classes on FCP video editing. After 2 classes and going through 3 of their so called video expert instructors, I told them they should hire me to teach them how to edit since that was what the classes ended up being. They knew nothing about how real editing is done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)