Verizon rollout

JBtampa

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
it's made crazy. new big boxes outside our gate and the street has had the utilities marked for 6 months. verizon claims to have our area finished but not so. other areas of tampa and local community are fully on line. meanwhile I suffer..

and my dad's retirement place has it

yes University Villas has the big beautiful orange tubing just outside his patio door. at least he's gonna get it. brighthouse already provided so tv will be a hard sell for me. like the internet, like a laptop, like wifi, he says he doesn't need it but man does he love it when he (I) gets it under the tree...Merry Christmas Pop!

One I dislike is, onec you subscribed their FIOS internet service, they also take over your phone service, but how much is their phone service.
With the cost same as DSL, I really prefer FIOS, and they has done our area and ready to go three months ago.

sksatellite said:
One I dislike is, onec you subscribed their FIOS internet service, they also take over your phone service, but how much is their phone service.
The phone service is the exact same price as the copper based POTS. It just gets to your house differently.

Personally, I dropped my POTS service when I got FiOS. I've been very happy with my VoIP and it's a heck of a lot cheaper.

Fios in the northern VA area requires you to maintain a land line with Fios service (on the fiber), and with a certain minimum level of extra services, like caller ID/forwarding/etc. The copper gets abandoned, and neither you nor any future resident of that address can get the copper back. So, no 3rd party DSL.

I'd move to Fios for voice/broadband if offered. I think I'll stick with Dish for video, though. Since there's no DSL in my area, I'm hoping that puts us nearer the top for getting Fios service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)