Verizon to buy Netflix?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well bring on the rumors, baby! I want to dump a hundred shares of this error in investing judgement before the end of the year for a much needed tax loss. I'm into it at $225 a share and I doubt it will recover any too soon. Committed the biggest sin in stock trading and got greedy. Should have dumped it at $300. Unfortunately for the companies, the article reads like it was written by Bob Haller. :)
Now, there is so far absolutely no evidence that Verizon is actually considering buying Netflix, or even that Netflix is up for sale. The main thing fueling this speculation is that Netflix, while troubled in recent months, remains a popular and valuable brand. But because of its recent missteps — a disastrous price hike and the failed split of it DVD and streaming business — its stock price has fallen precipitously, from an all-time high of nearly $300 a share, to around $75 a share. (As of this writing, it’s up 5.4 percent, to $76.29.) That means buying Netflix right now would be an extremely good deal, assuming the company stops screwing up, and starts earning back customers.

Of course if it does recover I'll gladly pay the tax and consider I have a high quality problem. But with a huge red number sitting on my books in Netflix, It's hard to stomach paying income tax on gains I made in it earlier in the year in weekly trades.

Note that this goofball also has a blog on this rumor. Make every prediction and something is bound to stick and he can claim credit.

Verizon partnering with RedBox to take on Netflix: report

Last edited:
I thought I read a rumor that Verizon was exiting the FIOS business. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

I say "I thought" because I sure can't find the source now.

I thought I read a rumor that Verizon was exiting the FIOS business. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

I say "I thought" because I sure can't find the source now.
not exiting ..just the fiber business...kinda sorta..its part of the "swap" with cable companies..cable companies give verizon their cell licenses and enter into a new "partnership" with verizon for fiber service..to form a new "company" that will provide nationwide broadband service (should include fios)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)