Verizon Will be Offering the iPad, end of October

dmendenjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
The keystone state
Verizon Wireless and Apple® today announced that iPad™ will be available at over 2,000 Verizon Wireless Stores nationwide beginning Thursday, October 28. ... Verizon Wireless is offering a monthly access plan to iPad customers of up to 1GB of data for just $20 a month..
(source)

Talk about an interesting development...

The data plan pricing is out of control. It would be way too easy to go over the prepaid limit in a day or two (just by streaming something from Netflix or Hulu).

My question would be what about signing up for a Mifi now with the standard data plan and getting a separate unlimited plan for $59.99 (5gb) which I would assume is cheaper than that 1gb plan since the overage charges would be murder on a data plan.

I don't see anything technically new here. Only new is a confirmed relationship between Verizon and Apple. But, nothing more than the relationships between Apple and Target and Walmart which also is carrying the ipad.

Considering what is new with Verizon ( nothing) I would suggest if any here want to get on board with ipad and have a Verizon account with a good PDA phone, get your best deal on an ipad wifi version and then buy software like Mobile Wifi Router. It works great and will get you your complete data plan for your PDA Verizon phone on your ipad.

Meanwhile, I look forward to Apple increasing it's market into these non-tech retail stores and now the cell phone stores beyond AT&T. Will Sprint be next? I hope so. No reason ipad wouldn't sell through Sprint like it will through Verizon.

I just read the article. If you haven't the deal is for an IPad WiFi and a Verizon MiFi combo. So it isn't like the IPad will be working directly with the verizon network. However any Apple and Verizon deal at this point does lead one to be more open to some of the other rumors about Verizon and Apple.

Big Dawg- What app do you use on the android device to tether your phone? On the windows Mobile phones there are several but most don't work reliably. I finally paid for a good one and it is trouble free.

Big Dawg- What app do you use on the android device to tether your phone? On the windows Mobile phones there are several but most don't work reliably. I finally paid for a good one and it is trouble free.

ive had no trouble on wino with wmwifirouter, it was free when i got it, its pay now though

mdram-

Yes, that's the one I now use and paid for. The others were less features but more importantly, they lost connection at times and others failed to shut down unless you did a soft reboot. That can be a real battery drainer!

The reason that their is no 3G for verzion is that the iPad 3G cannot work over verzion CDMA network. This will change with the release of the next version of the iPad. I would wait until it is out or go with the new android tablets due out Soon.

six character device id IMEI Transaction ID

You can migrate the iPhoneModem license up to three times, for three diferente phones.
Please provide your email, the new device identifier and one of the following: IMEI (for older payments based on the IMEI), payment transaction id or previous (registered) device id.

for mobile internet I use Virgin Mobile 40.00 per month prepaid data plan using a mifi 2200 hotspot. it works great (sprint network). no contracts and no catches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts