Versus

Not sure, . . . but

I currently have The Golf Channel ala carte. I was told this is no longer possible to do this way and I was grandfathered into it. And, . . . because Versus/The Golf Channel share a common HD channel - I do not get that common HD channel. Stinks - because I'm paying $4.99 for TGC ala carte.

I too had the golf channel ala carte, I was told to get the golf channel HD I needed to upgrade to the 250/260 something package. The fact I had the HD package and ala carte was not enough. In my case I upgrade and dropped Showtime (still have HBO) resulting in a $ 5.00 per month savings.

I would guess the same rules would apply for VS. No Ala Carte, and even if there was you would have to have the 250pkg to get the HD version.

A few years ago, they did use to have an a la carte "sportspak" f/$5, that contained VS, (when it was Outdoor Life) Outdoor Ch, Speed, Golf, CNN-SI (no longer around) & ESPN News. (might be wrong on the last ch)

After CNN-SI died & Speed moved to AT100, I believe this pkg no longer exists - if it does, I'm sure it's only for existing subs to it.

I watched the UW vs UV football game on Saturday (9-1-07) I have the HD package and it was not in HD.

Does that mean you didnt get the HD channel? or the HD channel didnt show the game in HD? 2 different issues... and also what channel was that on?

The Multi-Sport Pack is still around.

Yes, I am quite aware the MS pak is still around - I was not talking about it at all. (which is why I specifically called it another "sports pak") Plus, I never said anything about any RSN's on this pak - it was ONLY these 6 channels. ;)

This was a totally different "sports pak" that didn't stay around for very long & was several years ago, as I posted... ;) ;)

A few years ago, they did use to have an a la carte "sportspak" f/$5, that contained VS, (when it was Outdoor Life) Outdoor Ch, Speed, Golf, CNN-SI (no longer around) & ESPN News. (might be wrong on the last ch)

After CNN-SI died & Speed moved to AT100, I believe this pkg no longer exists - if it does, I'm sure it's only for existing subs to it.

The package is gone and wasn't even grandfathered to anyone after Speedvision became The Speed Channel and moved to the old AT100 (the current AT200)

Versus is not, nor has it ever, been available a la carte on Dish. No way. No how. Sorry.

OLN used to be part of the action pack, but that has long since died (June 2002)

See Action Pack Programming

See ya
Tony

Big Tim

If the Versus channel is in HD that is news to me. I have an HD TV and a 622 and the HD "package", but Versus is not in HD. So I am unclear as to what you are saying. So if someone gets Versus by upgrades it will (IMHO) not be in HD.

HD College Football?

Has any of the college football games on the Versus/Golf HD channel been in HD yet?

looks like i'll need to pay another 10 for one channel. In any event, I have the DISH DVR Package. Can I upgrade that Or will i have to start paying seperate fees for DVR and Locals if I want to upgrade to 250?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts