Very Interesting Anomoly in Motorola 6412

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD Junkie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Due to the demise of VOOM, I have reverted back to Comcast for my HD source and have had more problems in the last two weeks that I had in 14 months with the service provided by VOOM. I had some problems, but not like this.
I have one Motorola HD-DVR 6412 (too bad VOOM couldn't provide) and one Motorola HD box (model #unknown, too lazy to look).
Both connected to Sony LCD's.
Here's the odd problem I'm experiencing: after watching my local HD channel 213 (FOX) for a few hours on the HD box, it reverted to SD channel 11 (FOX) just on that channel and could not be brought back to HD despite many attempts by Comcast. We exchanged the box at the local office and the new box worked fine.
Two days later, the HD-DVR box experienced exactly the same reversion to SD 11 from HD 213!!! Comcast says they never heard of such a thing.
Again, I exchanged the box and right now it's fine.
NOT DONE YET!!!!!
The box with the original problem has failed again after three days!!!
All other HD channels function normally when this fault occurs.
I'll be exchanging this box yet another time tomorrow.
So, anybody, what is going on?
Comcast says they don't know why this is happening and I believe them because so far, they haven't shown me they know much about anything. Opps, did I say that out loud?

Welcome to Comcast. :)

I've done a box swap with my 8000HD for audio cutting out and it didn't help. They said they also had never heard of that problem before. Uh-huh.

I think it is Comcast's policy to deny all problems on their end (atleast with the internet, they are that way. They continue to deny any DNS problems they didn't have at the end of last month).

-John

well the actual service I get from Comcast is okay, but they definitly are a bit on the clueless side. When they showed up to do the install the units they broght me had a peel off sticker on the box saying were 6200 not 6412, which is what I wanted for the active firewire. At that time I called local office and was told "Sorry there were probs with the 6412 so we only give out 6200's right now till newer model comes out." Anyway today I decided the second DVR unit was going back due to an additional $7 charge ON TOP OF the 9.98 charge for the actual 2nd box. Anyway I happened to flip over the unit I was taking back and its actual lable says its a 6412 so I thought gee maybe they sent me one of each but after I flipped the other box over it too is a 6412 hehe. Comcast doesnt even know what model units their sending out, LOL.

Here's to hopeing DTV pulls a rabbit out of the hat soon on HD programing. While I love On Demand I also miss DTV's much more user friendly Tivo guides and much better DVR recording functions so would go back to DTV in a heartbeat if they get it together

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)