Very newbie question on a 522 Dual receiver

BallHawk

Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
This is I'm sure a very newbie question, but I'm stumped.

I have a Dish network 522 Dual Receiver. The receiver and TV1 is in the family room. TV 2 is upstairs in the master bedroom. We also have a tv in the lowest level by our treadmill. It has the same channel as the TV2 in our master bedroom. My dilemma is I would like to put an old 13" tv out in the garage to watch while I am working around the garage, but I can't figure out if it is possible to have the tv in the garage have the same picture as TV1. Right now I can only get the same signal as TV2. I tried to go downstairs and split the cable in different spots, but I can only get my little 13" to show the same channel as the TV2 signal. And when I'm out in the garage my wife is usually in our master bedroom and I really dont' feel like watching HGTV with her...much rather be watching baseball.

So my big question is if it is possible with our 522 Dual receiver to have 4 TVs with one signal to two TVs and the other signal to the other two TVs. Or am I stuck with 1 tv with one signal and the other 3 TVs with the other signal. Thanks!

Ideally the best bet for you to do without having to go out and buy a bunch of fancy stuff is to goto TV1, make sure the tv itself is hooked up with the RED/WHITE/YELLOW cables into the TV1 output jacks behind the 522, and just run a piece of coax into the TV1 Ch3 output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts