Very odd happenings with Dish Remote Access

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
I use DRA daily now and I have had pretty good luck with it for several days but for two days an odd bug or two showed up.

The first may not be a bug but the "my recordings" on DRA shows some of the DVR's harddrive programs and lots of the EHD programs. But what I'm sure is a bug is that with or without the EHD connected "my recordings" seem to only show programs that were recorded with "TV2" timers. For years I have only used my 722K in single user mode but looking at my timers I see that some old ones are "TV1" while most new ones are "TV2". There are about a hundred programs so I can only judge from a random sample of five programs that "TV1" shows are missing while "TV2" are listed. I used recurring timers that have made recordings and are still active to make more.

Anybody seen anything like this?

If no one has any ideas later today when there aren't any timers running I'll do a cold reboot.

Update 1:42pm It is only displaying HD recordings. What the what!
And BTW, I'm speaking of the Android DRA. The Windows browser acts differently at first showing no listing then being stuck for 5+ mins in a "refresh". And then it appears to have all the recordings but he Windows browser version doesn't offer a numeric total as the on screen and Android displays have.

Last edited:
OK adding onto the only HD finding added above, I did a cold reboot and nothing changed.

For the record, without the EHD the TV screen shows 94 recordings while Android DRA shows 50. With the EHD installed the TV screen shows 156 shows on the EHD while the Android DRA shows both lists mixed together and reports 98 total recordings.

And going through the 722k drive only I found 100% agreement consistent with SD records only be skipped on the Android DRA for the first 20 programs (listed alphabetically).

Boy am I ready for DRA 2.0.

This is very odd.

I should have known. Mat sent me a PM and in addition to getting my account data to try and duplicate the problem (that he had never seen) he offhandedly asked if I deleted the app and reinstalled. (you can see whats coming, can't you)

I found I was back 2 updates and when I installed the latest app the problem was solved and shows 239 programs(I deleted 11 programs to verify that was working).

So the answer to the first thing is "yes, DRA reports both DVR drive and EHD programs sorted together,

MattG does it again!

Last edited:
A new development: The second time I started Android DRA the problem came back, just as it was before.

Only now since Matt had pointed me to the problem element I just went to Android settings and forcestopped DRA then deleted it's data and restarted the App and everything is OK, so far.

Steve, where might I find the DRA data that you deleted?
On both my Android devices there is a "settings" icon. from there one item is "Applications". Then I select "manage app". Then you choose which app you want to manage and on my devices there are four buttons: Force stop, Uninstall, Clear data, and Clear cache.

On mine Toshiba above the Clear data button is a section that shows the storage the app used. It's divided into Total, Application, Data and External storage. The Clear Data button zeros them all.

Remember this is all only Android OS applicable. No such thing in Windows. I don't know about Apple OS or Linux.

Thanks! Going to try that on my Skypad Alpha 2 on 2.3 right now (but should be 4.0 in a week or two).

Thanks! Going to try that on my Skypad Alpha 2 on 2.3 right now (but should be 4.0 in a week or two).
Great. Let me know how it comes out.

My Ice Cream Sandwich date is further off than yours but the Thrive is scheduled for it eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)