very slow HR20-100 after most recent upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

riggscm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
So my Hr20-100 is slow... I mean dog slow after the most recent national roll out that gave us smart search and beta of MRV.

an example of the slowness...
I hit play in the list and the program starts playing and it takes like 10 sec. to switch out to full screen.

another example...
takes 8-12 seconds to load up the guide, and when I choose a new program to watch, it takes about 15 seconds to tune to that new show.

And...
ability use the TV apps is spotty at best. most of the time it doesnt work.

All this after the software upgrade.

Any one else having similar issues?

any ideas on a fix besides a RBR and crossed fingers?

I read this in another forum. Not sure if it will help you, but it helped me when my remote seemed INCREDIBLY slow. Apparently it has something to do with clearing memory (not sure).

Press MUTE + SELECT at the same time (wait for double blink)
Enter 9, 6, 3 and then press CHANNEL DOWN (another blink)
Hit SELECT.

Maybe someone out there knows exactly what this does...

This helped me out, and I don't know why!!!:)

Last edited:
Well 3 RBRs later and the box seems to be back to normal.

not sure about the 963 code noted above but I use a harmony remote and I I don't think that would make a diff. in my setup.

Anyway, thanks for the feed back everyone.

Well 3 RBRs later and the box seems to be back to normal.

not sure about the 963 code noted above but I use a harmony remote and I I don't think that would make a diff. in my setup.

Anyway, thanks for the feed back everyone.

Riggs,
It is normal for the recvr to not work as quickly for up to about 12 hours after a new download has taken place.
After that, things are put into thier proper locations and it should be running smoothly in most cases.

I did notice that your post were farther apart than the 12 hours, so if your still having problems, it could be related to something other than the download.

Hey gang,
Sorry for not getting back to my thread.

so yeah its been several weeks now since our update, and while the unit has sped up since the RBR's I mentioned, it is still much slower than I remember.

Time will tell I suppose.

Thanks all.

HR23 here and it is much slower that it used to be. It is so irritating sometimes I can't even key in a channel because it can't catch up to what I press.

Fricken sucks.

My HR20-100 just slowed down as well ever since they added the "Smart Search" feature on the menu.

I have never had any trouble with my DVR since I got it about 3 years ago. Since a few days ago it takes sometimes 10 seconds for the guide or list to appear after I hit the button.

Way so slow with mine also - besides that - any program that I want to delete the title still shows with all the other programs for a second or two before disappearing, giving the brief impression that it wasn't deleted. The first time this showed up I hit delete again and just about deleted the next program in the list that had not been watched yet. So now I am much slower with my delete finger.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)