VHF question

krisman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
tn
Ive done some messing around with my vhf and i wanted to know if anything would beat the yagi that i have, i think its a 1713 but not sure. Just need a little bit more pulling power to keep a couple of channels stable.

Ive done some messing around with my vhf and i wanted to know if anything would beat the yagi that i have, i think its a 1713 but not sure. Just need a little bit more pulling power to keep a couple of channels stable.

I'd just get another one and stack the two for a more stable signal, you might even look at getting a pre-amp and give that a try first and if that doesn't work then stack another one. Might also help if we new what the Tvfool map looks like.

from another thread here is his tvfool

Maybe you should merge them all into one so we can keep up with this as I normally don't go back and check previous postings, unless something about the postings rings a bell with me.

no this is not the third or 4th time ive asked this. this is a whole other direction, the last time you guys said it was weather causing me to get the stations i was pointing at and its not the weather. 125 miles out over flat land, thats why i havent posted my tvfool report because it doesnt even list these channels.

I understand it may not be the same thing but in the 1st post the only thing you mentioned was a 1713 antenna. The other posts I linked show pics and give info of the other equipment you have. More info the better when trying to troubleshoot or help

what stations are you picking up that arent on tvfool? TVfool has been known to post stations that couldnt be picked up normally ;)

Just need a little bit more pulling power to keep a couple of channels stable.

I would prefer a more specific question.

How did you determine that antenna "pulling power" is what's required?
The channel that you're missing could have interference from another station on the same channel.
The channel that you're missing could have interference from a strong FM station.
The channel that you're missing could be interfered with by intermod if you have too much preamplifier gain for your location.
The channel that you're missing could be improved by relocating the antenna higher, lower, or at the other end of the house.

What channels are you trying to get?

My experience is that if TVFool does not list it, it is either too new to be in the database (very rare) or it is not receivable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts