Viacom/Dish Dispute Forthcoming?

Doesn't Direct TV have more general channels in HD now? I think Dish to have more, but Direct added a bunch. They also have CNNI and BBC World in HD I believe.

Doesn't Direct TV have more general channels in HD now? I think Dish to have more, but Direct added a bunch. They also have CNNI and BBC World in HD I believe.
They each have their niche. Directv added BBC World News in HD-only, while Dish added BBC World News in SD-only. So, Dish chose to continue serving subscribers using legacy SD equipment, while Directv chose to focus only on the upper-tier (HD) subscribers.

I really don't understand why we don't have TV Land in HD yet.

Seems silly if I want to watch TV Land in HD I have to use the DISH Anywhere app using the Live Stream option.
I completely agree. You would think that Dish would at least make the streaming version available directly through the Hopper. That is where most of Dish's focus is lately when it comes to international channels. So, I have to wonder why they are not pushing adding more popular national streaming cable channels to the guide.

Today Dish and ViacomCBS reach a deal. I was hoping we would get some more channels in HD, but that doesn't seem to be the case as there will be no changes on the Dish side.
Confirming the "no changes" (and no new HD channels) Nickelodeon West HD, which had been in testing, just got removed today. :crying2

Uplinks Removed
9545 NICKW (171 HD) Nickelodeon West removed from 110° TP 13 (HD Hidden)
9545 NICKW (171 HD) Nickelodeon West removed from 72.7° TP 23 (HD Hidden)

DirecTV
545 -Showtime (East; HD/SD)
546- Showtime (West; HD/SD)
547 -Showtime 2 (HD/SD)
548 -SHO×BET (HD/SD)
549- Showtime Extreme (HD/SD)
550 -Showcase (HD)
551 -Showtime Next (HD)
552 -Showtime Women (HD)
1545- Showtime On Demand

Dish Network
318 -Showtime (East; HD/SD)
319 -Showtime (West; HD/SD)
320 -Showtime 2 (HD/SD)
321 -SHO×BET (HD/SD)
322 -Showtime Extreme (SD)
323 -Showcase (SD)
324 -Showtime Family Zone (HD)

Available Showtime Channels From Viacom

• Showtime East
  • Showtime West
  • Showtime 2 East
  • Showtime 2 West
  • Showcase East
  • Showcase West
  • SHO×BET East
  • SHO×BET West
  • Showtime Extreme East
  • Showtime Extreme West
  • Showtime Family Zone East
  • Showtime Family Zone West
  • Showtime Next East
  • Showtime Next West
  • Showtime Women East
  • Showtime Women Wes

Dish Network
318 -Showtime (East; HD/SD)
319 -Showtime (West; HD/SD)
320 -Showtime 2 (HD/SD)
321 -SHO×BET (HD/SD)
322 -Showtime Extreme (SD)
323 -Showcase (SD)
324 -Showtime Family Zone (HD)
To correct your Dish list, 318 is also Showtime On Demand in the guide on receivers with the Hopper interface. (You included On Demand in the Directv listing, so it is only fair to include Dish's VOD channel, right next to Showtime East.) Also, channel 321 is HD-only. This is a recent change when Sho*BET launched last week. Finally, except the SD-only channels (322 and 323) most, or all, of the other SD feeds listed are not available on Eastern Arc. Those are Western Arc only, to support legacy SD receivers.

Confirming the "no changes" (and no new HD channels) Nickelodeon West HD, which had been in testing, just got removed today. :crying2

I was hoping I was wrong when I read that article saying there were no changes. I know it all comes down to money, but I would have thought that all contracts going forward would have HD carriage of channels that have HD versions of them (or the option to add them). It is disappointing to not have some of the channels in HD that I would consider basic cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts