Viacom Dispute?!?!

Dgenx321

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Calcutta, Ohio
I just got home from work and my nephew is freaking out about dish dropping Nick and MTV.

Sure enough there's a scroll saying they're possibly pulling all Viacom channels again?

This is the first I've heard of this one....

Any news?

Attachments

• 20190319_174006.jpg
    20190319_174006.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 346
Reactions: JSheridan
Soon they won’t have any channels left if they keep pulling stuff. Sad thing is, the price won’t go down.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

You might want to aim that at DirecTV. With the announcement that they're dropping the Discovery, Viacom and AMC channels from DirecTV Now as they raised the prices.

I wonder if they're going to start dropping those channels now from regular DirecTV as they have said that eventually DirecTV Now will replace satellite delivered DirecTV.

https://www.multichannel.com/news/discovery-amc-viacom-shares-hit-hard-amid-directv-now-changes

Last edited:
Why would anyone think it was DISH in dispute about channels???

:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

I saw a crawl on one of our local NexStar channels on Dish last Thursday night that said the deadline was Monday evening. I only saw the crawl once and the channels are still on so they must have reached an agreement. That would have been a messy one if it had happened.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Someone at Viacom messed up. I just called the number and its about directv.

Opppsss. Lol
If you want all the VIACOM channels you can pay just $16.00 a month for Philo tv. Right now you can get a 7 day free view . But be warned you can't escape the commercials with this ott service. But you can start any show you see in the guide from the beginning and watch it even if it is in the middle. It can be paused and reversed and forwarded , except during commercials. For $20.00 you can get all the channels that they offer.

www.philo.com

If you want all the VIACOM channels you can pay just $16.00 a month for Philo tv. Right now you can get a 7 day free view . But be warned you can't escape the commercials with this ott service. But you can start any show you see in the guide from the beginning and watch it even if it is in the middle. It can be paused and reversed and forwarded , except during commercials. For $20.00 you can get all the channels that they offer.

www.philo.com

Commercials... That's so 90's. :p:p:p

www.philo.com

You can skip commercials with Philo. It has DVR functionality. You can save any show and it’ll “record” every episode that airs for 30 days. When viewing shows from your saved library, you can FF commercials just like any DVR. Commercials on VOD or live TV can’t be skipped, however. It’s a nice little service IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You can skip commercials with Philo. It has DVR functionality. You can save any show and it’ll “record” every episode that airs for 30 days. When viewing shows from your saved library, you can FF commercials just like any DVR. Commercials on VOD or live TV can’t be skipped, however. It’s a nice little service IMO.

My observations were based on the couple of days I tried it . I didn't really save any shows but a couple and my wife complained that the shows she did start over couldn't be skipped, but they might of been live shows from the guide. That is nice to know that you can skip on saved shows. That makes the service even more attractive for the price.

My observations were based on the couple of days I tried it . I didn't really save any shows but a couple and my wife complained that the shows she did start over couldn't be skipped, but they might of been live shows from the guide. That is nice to know that you can skip on saved shows. That makes the service even more attractive for the price.

It’s not just your wife and friends.. When we had the service, my wife couldn’t tell which episodes she watched or didn’t watch. The markings on the saved shows were hard to see sometimes. That’s one reason we don’t have it anymore.

Because Philo lists all episodes available chronologically when you save it, it’s easy to click on a VOD episode and think it’s the dvr version. As the shows air, the DVR version replaces the VOD.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts