Viacom real increase: 6 CENTS PER SUBSCRIBER/MONTH for all VIACOM NETWORKS!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Must be alot of people po'd at Charlie. Dish's site is locked up. I've tried to log on for the last 30 minutes and get nothing. I guess Charlie is going to have alot of e-mails to delete. :shocked

average increase on all subscribers:

$1 (possibly underestimating!!!!)

1*9 million = $9 million

9 million >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 540,000

mwgiii said:
Remember that 6 cents it the Viacom line.

Dish says hundreds of millions.

Who knows what the real truth is.

Dish wouldn't play this high stakes game over 6 cents so don't believe what Viacom says. Besides if Dish doesn't take a stand than every other station is going to pull the same thing viacom is trying.

They did the same thing when Disney was asking for a 2 cent increase on ESPN Classic. With the evidence at hand, I'll go with Viacom.

It is 6 cents increase now, however a 40% increase over the life of the contract.

That 6 cents is an additional $6,480,000 Dish must pay a year. for the channels.

Viacom claims that the 6 cents increase is FOR ALLLLLLLLLLL viacom networks.

So raise my rates 6 cents a month and put the f-ing channels back on the air. If this isn't resolved by tourney time next week, Dish is toast. They need viacom a hell of a lot more than Viacom needs them.

Dennis

One thing to remember is that these increases are cumulative if I am understanding correctly - it would be another 6 cents every year for the lenght of the contract. 1st year, 6 cents above last contract - year 2, 12 cents above.

If that is per channel, then I can definitley understand Charlies position. CBS may be worth that, but the other channels may not in his eyes. Hence his desire to split the negotiations for rates.