Viacom satellite channels to increase advertising content

12m30s of commercials in MTV per hour my ***! My ad chopper is removing about 17 mins per hour of ads when I watch Real World or Jersey Shore. Maybe the 12m30s refers to paid ads and the other 5 mins or so are MTV promotions?

viacom shouldn't put in more ads, just do more product placement within the shows. During Jersey Shore, maybe Trojan can have a product placement for their product since none of the cast members seem to know what it is let alone use it.

Your paying to watch ads. What a joke. I want to dump Dish Network and not subscribe to any satellite TV or cable TV programming. I want to cut the cord but I live at home and no one else would let me do so. Anyway when I put on my receiver what do I see on 99% of the channels 8 out of 10 times (not counting the premium channels like HBO) a commercial playing. I watch more Netflix at night then actual Dish programming. Actually I watch Netflix almost every night except on SyFi Mondays. Also Netflix has many of the shows airing on the the cable channels. I am going to watch Doctor Who or Star Trek TNG on the buchured BBC America channel with commercials or I am going to watch it on Netflix without any ads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts