Video and sound drop

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Andrew Sullivan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
Arizona
Experiencing sound drop and video pixelation on recorded and live TV, during regular TV shows like The Tonight Show, the World Series, all major network broadcasts including premium channels. All signal strength numbers are in the high 90 range, all physical connections are tight. I did a cold reboot, unplugging from the outlet as well as from the back of my HR54. Clear calm weather in Arizona. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I call should I call DirecTV or AT&T? If they want to replace it should I ask for a HR17 instead of another HR54?

Experiencing sound drop and video pixelation on recorded and live TV, during regular TV shows like The Tonight Show, the World Series, all major network broadcasts including premium channels. All signal strength numbers are in the high 90 range, all physical connections are tight. I did a cold reboot, unplugging from the outlet as well as from the back of my HR54. Clear calm weather in Arizona. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I call should I call DirecTV or AT&T? If they want to replace it should I ask for a HR17 instead of another HR54?
it's possible you have an issue with your system but most likely it's the same issue most everyone else is having. it's on ongoing issue. I'm a technician and it's not fixable. trust me. I've completely rebuilt systems, including my own, to no avail.

I live east of Phoenix. There's been an ongoing discussion in the local neighborhood forum about this issue. Several have had equipment swapped and service calls with no improvement. The most recent discussion suggest DTV knows of the problem and is "working" on it. One poster said the DTV CSR told them the more people reporting the issue the more pressure there is to get it fixed. Seems like a strange response. My setup is very basic. A single HR22 and I get the glitches from time to time. Can be annoying, depending on frequency. Bottom line, I would agree with Tech70583's assessment.

Same here. I live in the Phoenix area, have an HR44 and it's been going on since the beginning of Summer. I've called in countless times, had two truck rolls to the house and the last tech told me they (AT&T) know about it and there's nothing that can be done. Pretty sad that I pay $110/month for DirecTV and have to watch my shows on Hulu the next day because I can't watch the recordings.

It sounds like this is an ongoing problem that both DirecTV and AT&T are aware of. If indeed there is nothing that can be done about it, and this short thread is the only time I've seen this mentioned, I would expect that the many here with excellent informed knowledge would be chiming in. I called both DirecTV and AT&T and going all the way up to tech support resulted in a complete denial of the problem. Everyone I spoke to said that this is the first they have heard about it.

It sounds like this is an ongoing problem that both DirecTV and AT&T are aware of. If indeed there is nothing that can be done about it, and this short thread is the only time I've seen this mentioned, I would expect that the many here with excellent informed knowledge would be chiming in. I called both DirecTV and AT&T and going all the way up to tech support resulted in a complete denial of the problem. Everyone I spoke to said that this is the first they have heard about it.

I started another thread about it called "little screen blips" or something like that and there are several threads about it on the "other" site. It is a very widespread issue.

I've noticed it on my local CW station only so far, screen just goes black for a second. Noticed it on Supergirl and DC Legends of Tomorrow so far...

Been happening to me here in Oregon for last two weeks, tech came out and said nothing he can do its a problem all over, directv did send me a new HR-44 and same result. This is ridiculous for the money that we pay for service.

It's called "plausible deniability" . Unfortunately it doesn't appear I can attach the link to the www.nextdoor.com site with the discussion on this subject without logging in. (over 40 responses) that represents what many were saying it was an issue: This response is representative of the discussion issue.
Contacted DirecTV again. Talked with a supervisor. He admitted that it was there problem caused by local station feed, along with local advertising on other channels. Their engineers are working on it and should have the problem resolved soon. I informed him that it appeared that they may lose a lot of customers if this is not corrected ASAp. He is to let me know by email when they believe they have the problem solved.
He later posted never got a reply. From other comments on this forum doesn't appear to be isolated to Phoenix

Personally I find this very strange. The so called "causes" of the problem surely must have existed in the past. By past I mean the 10 years before I started having this problem. I've been around DirecTV and Dish since Dish was known as EchoStar. So I seriously doubt that either company can keep any secrets from each other. Dish is not having this problem so what is there secret? Find it, copy it, end of problem

The drops were the worse today that I have ever seen them. This was during college football on various channels, local and national.

Have been experiencing pixelation issues well beyond six months.Have DTV Technician visit twice for this issue during this six mo period.LNB change,replace dish wiring,convert to single wire system ,etc. Yesterday. received a refurb HR44/500 replacement. Following my lengthy installation and reprogramming, the pixelation was soon found to be occurring with the identical intermittent system failure. DTV certainly is aware of this persistent issue! Why the secrecy? They send out home tech assist to remedy a known issue. Costly,No wonder our DTV annual fees continue to rise.

I'm in the Northwest and have been having the same problem for the last few months. I have been with Directv for 4 years and have been happy until now. Yesterday I had 2 trees taken down, thinking they were getting too tall. It didn't fix the problem.

I'm in the Northwest and have been having the same problem for the last few months. I have been with Directv for 4 years and have been happy until now. Yesterday I had 2 trees taken down, thinking they were getting too tall. It didn't fix the problem.
Before doing any trimming, download a satellite finder app to see what your line of sight needs to be. Dishpointer is a good one.

I have my acct suspended for 6 months and am trying Directv Now. DTVNow still has room for improvement but so far it's been satisfactory for the 3 weeks I've being using it. None of the video/sound issues discussed in this thread.
At the end of the suspension period we relocate back to our cabin where the internet service doesn't support streaming

With DTV having so many systems running it would be good to narrow this problem down to "SD" or "HD" or other. I have a SD system and I don't see a problem.

With DTV having so many systems running it would be good to narrow this problem down to "SD" or "HD" or other. I have a SD system and I don't see a problem.
I generally assume a poster has an hd setup if they don't say otherwise, or if their post insinuates sd.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts