video capture device for 722

i have a 722 receiver and want to know which capture device to get for it. i'm looking for the best picture quality. compatible with vista also. something with software that can bypass the drm on dish. my three choices right now are

Those all look decent, are you buying from compusa?

i just need somthing with the best sd capture. with the hauppauge 1212, i;m not sure if it will be able to record hd off of the 722 because of the drm. had problems with the copyrighted stuff before andi dont know if programs like windvr support hd capture. most of the other softwares like beyondtv, sagetv, gb pvr dont work on my laptop. is happauge coming out with any new capture deivces because i can wait. not in a hurry.

My Hauppauge HD PVR 1212 records everything that comes out the component ports of my 211 in H.264 format.

Black Magic Design Intensity PCIe card records HDMI stream but may be inhibited by DRM.

HDCP

My Hauppauge HD PVR 1212 records everything that comes out the component ports of my 211 in H.264 format.

Black Magic Design Intensity PCIe card records HDMI stream but may be inhibited by DRM.

It isn't might be but is for sure. From the specs of the card.
Copy Protection For legal reasons, capture devices from Blackmagic Design are designed not to capture, convert or transmit video or audio from copy-protected sources, e.g. video devices using HDCP.

which would be the best to capture standard definition at the best quality
I do pretty well with my Hava Platinum HD using the composite output of TV1 on my 722. In addition to recording DVD-quality MPEG-2, you can also stream to many clients on your LAN. It's not a tuner like those USB devices; it's more like a Slingbox solo with better quality, multiple clients, and no DRM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts