Video - Hopper 3 Demo

Soooo. Which audio do you get when having 4 screens up at once?
You select the box with your remote and get audio from that box.

Now here is a secret that was not announced at CES... at release the Hopper 3 will do 4 screens on 1...

However shortly after release it will be updated so you can have up to 6 channels being displayed at one time. (the 1080i channels will be down converted to 720p so you can fit 6 channels on one screen.) :)

Remember you heard that FIRST here on SatelliteGuys. :D

However shortly after release it will be updated so you can have up to 6 channels being displayed at one time.
Great! On the website (http://www.dish.com/ces/) they do state 6 channels on one screen, but I thought it was a typo, since only four were mentioned in the presentation. Glad to hear six will be possible indeed!

It's so funny that you say about hearing things first on here.

Back in my installer days when the hopper first came out I was telling my coworkers about the features before our managers let us in on the updates. It was so funny to tell my GM these updates and he was like "How do you know these things?"

"I pay attention"....

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
The first time I met Charlie Ergen was at the special Team Summit they had in Baltimore where they introduced the Super DISH.

There I was on the show floor with a big circle of dealers around me and I was telling all about the then unannounced Super DISH and I felt a presence over my shoulder... I turned around and looked and it was Charlie who said to me something to the effect of..."Hey don't stop because of me, sometimes I find out more about my company from you then I do from my own employees."

I wish I could remember which CES it was where Charlie was taking Questions and Answers at their press conference and someone asked a question and Charlie replied, see this guy sitting here in the center, his name is Scott after the press conference ask him as he knows more about this stuff then I do.

I would LOVE video of that!

Hmmmm six screens...... This is gonna sell a lot of 75 inchers! :clapping
Great. Now I'm going to need to move to a bigger house. I can't fit a 77" or a 75" or even a 65" in my current Family Room!

And when 8K Ultra-Ultra HD comes out, does that mean that we can expect to see 16 1080HD channels all at once? ;) NOW we know why the HybridLNB supports 16 tuners! :eek:

Reactions: KAB
Hmmmm six screens...... This is gonna sell a lot of 75 inchers! :clapping
Next, we'll have requests for multiple BT headphones support, so 2 or more programs can be on the screen, yet each one has its own BT channel. The whole family can watch the same TV at the same time. Just not the same program.

Reactions: david_jr
I am not sure it will since it throws the H3 into 4K mode to display the 4 or 6 screens.

I will check and get back when I have an answer.

Scott, you mentioned in another thread that the Hopper Go would charge while transferring from the USB3 port. Does that mean that the USB3 ports will support unpowered portable EHDs?

I am not sure it will since it throws the H3 into 4K mode to display the 4 or 6 screens.

I will check and get back when I have an answer.
Scott, Vivek said that they are able to this by making the 4K send out 4 1080I signals to the TV. We have also been told that, in order to get 6, they will convert that 4K signal to 720P. It sure sounds like that would work on a 1080 TV....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts