Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is a demo of the new Slingplayer Software for Blackberry Phones / PDA's!

Click on the video title to be taken to YouTube where you can watch this video in HD!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV3LXEXaS_Q]YouTube - Slingplayer for the Blackberry Demo[/ame]

He didn't mention that this only works on some but not all Blackberrys. MY Wife's 8830 is one that it doesn't work with even though it is internet ready. I understand they will have a compatibility list of models to look for.

Just installed it last night on Mrs Pepper's AT&T 8310.

Issues noticed so far:
- Either my uplink speed or AT&T's network (or both) seem too slow for reliable streaming. I haven't found any settings to reduce the quality/bandwidth usage like on the Windows client.
- No way to make it remember it needs to be in widescreen mode.
- After the normal amount of time the Blackberry locks itself, need a way to override that when Slingplayer is running.

Pepper- try checking out the forums listed when doing a Google search of "Sling Player on Blackberry 8310" This is what I did to see what issues I would find on my 8830

I will do that, thanks!

I should have also mentioned, the worst part of it all was finding and installing the newest Blackberry OS on the device, so that the thing could even install in the first place. Good news is, there were some improvements in the OS upgrade and nothing appears to have broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)