Viewing Record Button options

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mike1951

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
SE Texas
Admittedly, I may be recalling a older receiver but I remember being able to record a segment while viewing.

Twice recently, I have wanted to record a news conference that had just aired on live TV, no timer involved.

I rewound to the beginning and pressed RECORD and would get notice that recording was in process. However, this apparently only referred to the ca 60 minutes in volatile memory as nothing was saved. Pressing RECORD again to see options brings up the timer menu, useless to record something in the past.

I remember when pressing RECORD would show an option to START and STOP recording.

Could something in my system be preventing this option or is it no longer available or am I just senile?

I have clips saved on one of my two external drives where I have done this.

I did this just last night on my J3 and had no issue. IIRC I just used the diamond button on my 54 remote.

I haven't rewound first to record from the beginning of the buffer, as I used to in my 722 days. The H3 may automatically do that... But not recording at all? That's a new one on me!

Reactions: charlesrshell
I did this just last night on my J3 and had no issue. IIRC I just used the diamond button on my 54 remote.

I haven't rewound first to record from the beginning of the buffer, as I used to in my 722 days. The H3 may automatically do that... But not recording at all? That's a new one on me!
The Diamond Buttons on the remote are programmable by long-pressing them. Yours is set to Record. Out of the box these days, the remotes now are set to Search, so he'd have to program his remote to record. Hitting Select and using the Onscreen option to Record/Stop Recording does the same thing as Search on the Diamond Button

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)