Viewsat 2000 System Setup Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabohdez

Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
Hello there,

I just got a new Viewsat system from FTADIRECT and I have the following questions from my initial setup intent, am using a the following equipment: LNBF, a 33" Dish, Dual Standard FTA LNBF, Rotor, Switch, and Cable:
1. If I live in the El Paso, TX, What is the Elevation angle value I should use for the rotor and for the dish? I already tried 31.8° and 24.4° and the max signal Strength I am getting is 68. Is that enough to lock the channels?
2. Should I direct the dish to the south Pole as initial point? If yes, should I perform some additional adjustment?
3. Another question is, the rotor's manual specifies DisEqC1.2 setup mode and my Viewsat 2000 DSR is showing on the setup screen DisEqC1.0, Is this a problem? Should I update the software of the DSR?
4. What is the minimum signal Strength needed to lock the channels?

Setup for motors is different depending on your motor. An SG-2100, for example, would use your latitude for motor elevation (the left side scale looking from behind the dish). Other manufacturers use different formulas. What make/model motor are you using?

DiSEqC 1.0 is for switching between LNBFs using a DiSEqC switch. DiSEqC 1.2 is for motor movement. I use USALS to move my motor, it works perfectly...

My motor model and make is the following:
ROTOR SAT HH90 from Stab (Italy).

In regards the DiSEqC1.0 vs DiSEq1.2, should I update the software of the ViewSat receiver? or it is O.K to use the actual version of the communications protocol? The motor responds to the movement commands I send from the receiver, the problem is that I am not getting signal greater than 72 -actually it varies from 49 to 72.

Do you recommend to use the satellite analog signal meter instead?
Another question, I saw yesterday some pictures of their setup posted by other person to be used as reference - I guess, and I saw a ground connection from the connector of the cables to a physical ground, What is this for?, does it improve the signal reception??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)